Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Hugs n Kisses

Okay, again, I'm a really bad videographer.. sorry. But I'm primarily putting these on here for grandma and Aunt Eese. Otherwise I'd only share good ones.

Before I add the videos.. Andrew has started giving kisses. Monday he gave me three. He put his mouth to my cheek, held it there for a second (no licking), and then pulled away and looked me in the face with a big grin. Then went back again for another. He gave me another one first thing Tuesday morning after his diaper change.
He is also hugging my neck more. And when he is tired, he cuddles a little bit and rests his head on my shoulder. Its sweet.

I love hearing him talk in the morning. Lately I've tried several times to capture the sounds on video - but even when I'm in the other room, when I pull the camera out, he stops. Or he pauses so long in between that the video is just blank noise forever. I finally got some better ones yesterday morning. You might have to turn your volume up to hear it.



Then I went in to say good morning to him.



We tried another attempt at getting him out in the snow. Ha! It was practically a blizzard BEFORE I got him outside. By the time we got all bundled up, the snow was minimal and the sun was coming out. Figures. When its just the two of us, the only way for me to get video is to put him in his wagon. So I asked Ted to take him out when he got home - and he wasn't all that interested then either. He loves watching it out the window though.
Here are these two videos:




He was already tired at this point, but here he is in the Johnny Jump Up



He was really a trooper last night too. He has had carrots before (the store bought puree which is really sweet) and didnt mind them. I steamed and pureed some of our carrots for him - and it didnt go over too well. They were so bland - even I didnt like them. This time I cooked steak in a pan and mixed the juices with his carrot puree - now it tasted pretty good. He still didnt like them, but he didnt put up a huge fight to eat them. I was okay with him spitting most of it out since the repeated tasting of them is how babies develop a taste for a variety of foods.. so it was still a success as far as I'm concerned. We were both proud of him for the effort he made.

The past few nights he has not slept well. He was waking up nearly every 2-3 hours and it wasnt always for food. To avoid making him scream and wake Ted up, I have walked around with him or rocked him since he was still sleepy, but he just would not go back to sleep. I know I could be setting myself up for trouble later if I continue to do that, but Ted really needed sleep.  I am proud to say that at 4am this morning (just as I was finally getting back to sleep myself and was not thrilled to get up again) he talked himself back to sleep. I usually get prepared to go in his room when I hear him start talking or whimpering, but I wait for him to actually cry before going in. This allows him the opportunity to go back to sleep if he can by himself. Usually he does eventually cry, but this morning my prayer was answered - he went back to sleep - as did I.

3 comments:

  1. Thank youuuuuu for sharing your lives with us this way! I love it!!! (I'm going to have to watch/listen these videos at Eileen's or something; I have no speakers here at work & my home computer is too old & slow to play them. Grr.) He is SO CUTE. You & Ted are doing a great job. You make wonderful parents & I'm so proud of you both! Love you! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's 5 months old already today!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome..baby snow angel turned out pretty well. :)

    ReplyDelete