Okay - so he's over 4 1/2 months, but who's counting. Today he had his 4 month check-up and as usual they are impressed with him. Things a typical 4 month old would be doing, Andrew has been doing for months already (tracking objects well with eyes and turning for sounds, holding up head without bobbing, lifting head and chest when lying oon tummy, smiling and laughing, bearing own weight on legs... and *may* roll over and kick legs.) He was doing some of that by 8 weeks! She just couldnt believe that he was signing and reading among other things.
New this week: he discovered his right ear yesterday by accident and has felt for it again today. He folds it over. Also yesterday he discovered that his hands are.. well, his. And he can control the fingers on them. It was really funny to watch as he studied them and would open and close the fist, point with his finger, turn his hand around... all while he's laying on his back with both arms sticking straight up in the air.
He also loves to play peek-a-boo with you. He puts his burp cloth over his face and sits there giggling. You say, "where's the baby?" and he giggles harder and the pulls the cloth down to his chin and peers over it. Over and over again he does this.
Recently we held him in front of pictures of us on our wall and asked.. "where's daddy?" and he'd smack his hand on a picture of Ted. Then we'd ask, "where is mommy?" and he'd try to grab a picture of me. He has been consistently right each time we've done this.
Also I decided to test his reading skills. I have only done this once so far so I need to test it again. Saturday I took his flash cards out. I held up 'elephant' and 'clap' I think. I asked him which word says 'elephant'? Then repeated by asking, "Can you point to the word elephant?" He laid there and looked back and forth studying them. Finally he reached out and tagged the correct card. Just a fluke surely. So I hold up two new cards, 'nose' and 'hi'. I asked which card says hi? He looked at both and immediately smiled when he saw the card showing 'hi' on it. The smile went away when he looked back at 'nose' and returned at 'hi'. I asked again if he could point to the word 'hi'. He reached up and took the card this time and tried to eat it. lol
He has been introduced to the Johnny Jump Up seat. At first it seemed too big for him, but Ted raised it up higher and now he enjoys it. He jumps in it and tries to march away and swings back, he turns in circles. However when he's tired of it - he's tired of it! Last Saturday he also started moving forward in his Jeep walker instead of primarily backwards.
At his pediatrician appointment today he weighed in at 16 pounds 7 ounces. That is the 75th percentile for weight. His length was 27.5 which is above the 95th percentile. She said it was off the chart. His head is 43.5cm which is 80th percentile. Good thing with all the learning he his doing.
The pediatrician also said if we want to start him on cereal it'd be okay since he is over 13 pounds, has doubled his birth weight, has good head control, and is interested in food. So we may start that and see how it goes. His next appointment will actually be when he is 6 months in March.
Pictures I took the other day. You can see his teeth pretty well.. I think if you click on these, they will come up larger.
Also a video of him snoring just a few minutes ago:
Monday, February 1, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




you almost have to turn the volume way up to hear the snoring!
ReplyDeletegenius baby! <3
ReplyDeleteI keep looking at these over and over (every day!)... he just so stinkin' CUTE!!!
ReplyDelete