Tuesday, October 5, 2010

12 Month Stats

We had his 12 month pediatrician appointment this morning. He's "awesome" as usual. He is the average height of an 18 month old, which by the way is off the charts for a 12 month old. He is right where he should be with fine motor skills, but advanced in language and something else. No surprise really.

His weight was 23 pounds and 1 ounce which is in the 50th percentile. Up about 2lbs since 9 months.
Length was 32 1/4 inches which is off the charts again. Up 2 1/4 inches from 9 months.
His head circumference was 47 1/2cm which is in the 85th percentile. Up 1cm from 9 months.

At his 9 month appointment, his iron levels were low. The product they told me to buy for that, after looking at it I realized didn't even contain iron! So I informed them of that today - but I had again, taken matters into my own hands. I bought some organic whole food green powder that has whole fruits and vegetables in it and I put a little bit in each bottle. It is packed with nutrients... and I'm pretty confident is part of the reason his iron levels were in the perfect range today.  He eats a wide variety of food anyway, but since I know he is getting so many nutrients from the green food powder, I dont worry so much about how much he gets from the rest of the food during the day.

The other day I was using fresh garlic for something and when I smashed the bulb, garlic cloves went flying everywhere. Andrew scrambled to get one as I was scrambling to pick them all back up. He was trying to eat one that still had the garlic paper on it. So I peeled it and gave it back. He actually took a big bite out of it!! He made a little bit of a face as it was probably burning his tongue - but he never spit it out!

He has more toys than he knows what to do with. Mommy and daddy both have bought him some more lately too. They are taking over the house. I wish we had a dedicated play room. I think they are just as overwhelming to him.

I think he said "love" yesterday. Aunt Annelise was holding him and repeating "I love you" and he said, "Laa" in the same tone as her, which very well may have been Love.

He loves to be chased. If he thinks you are chasing him he squeals with delight and tenses up in expectation of being tickled. I chase him up and down the hallway sometimes and it is hilarious to hear him laugh so hard. I wish I could bottle it all up.  He likes it too when I chase him with the fire truck.
Yesterday evening when Aunt Eese was visiting, he was pushing his mailbox up and down the hallway and we'd chase him... but when he would get to his room, he'd turn the toy around, and then try to RUN back down the hallway. So cute. He didn't have much grip on the bottom of his feet so he didn't have much traction and his little feet would slide.

He is walking really well, even getting up off the floor without holding on to anything, but he still prefers crawling it seems.

2 comments:

  1. Me, too! He really is a hoot with that rolling mailbox thing.My,how we romp up and down the hallway with that. And, as you say, he is gleeful when you are in pursuit!

    ReplyDelete