We finally got updated family pictures! I was supposed to swap photography with another girl in town who has a kid two months older than Andrew, but things fell through so I hired Paula to come out to the farm and take pictures of us. There are some cute ones.
Andrew can climb on the couch all by himself, and he loves to jump on it. I put him on the couch when he watches his reading video, and sometimes he stands up and crawls all over the couch. If I'm in the vicinity though, I can ask him to sit back down and he's pretty good at obeying.
He does not like broccoli. I dont know if it is texture or taste.. but he will take it back out of his mouth. He still loves green beans which we eat nearly every day.
Andrew has started to make kiss sounds, probably from all the times I kiss him on the cheek in a day. "mmmm..uah" smacking his lips as he does it. So cute!
A couple of days recently, I let him run around outside pushing his mailbox in the driveway. He ran barefoot the first time and took a chunk out of each big toe! Never has complained about it. I put manuka honey on them one night and Ted put neosporin on them two other times. I have crocs on him now when he walks around outside. Those are lightweight enough that it doesn't confuse his walking. He drags his toes because he runs instead of walks. He LOVES being outside.
The past couple of days have been really windy because of storms in the gulf. I take Andrew outside and he laughs at the wind blowing the leaves on the trees, and he loves it when I walk him under the branches of leaves and they touch his head or he can reach for them.
This morning Andrew helped unload the dishwasher.. he took out a plate and handed it to me to put away, then got the next one. He unloaded almost all the plates for me. The further the plates were from him, the harder he had to pull, and a couple of times when the plate finally came out he fell backwards. But it didn't phase him. What a good helper!
I read that in a play group, kids his age will want to play next to other kids rather than actually play with other kids. I dont think that is actually the case with Andrew. Sure, he enjoys playing next to them.. especially at the Hall where if he shows any interest in anyone he risks getting picked up or hauled off to walk somewhere. He just wants to play on the step there in the front. Anyway, when I have customers come through.. he wants to play with the kids. Today we had severe weather roll through right as I was in the middle of an outdoor photoshoot. So we came in and hung out until the tornado warning passed. Andrew wanted to play with the little 2 year old girl, but she didn't want to play with him.
He doesn't like taking long baths anymore. He still lets me use the shower head on him, and then he plays with some toys for a few minutes, and then starts trying to climb out. He knows how to work the drain stopper now too.
You have to watch him with the diaper genie and the trash can. He likes to throw his toys in them - he just doesn't realize that it's a permanent loss if I dont catch what he's doing! But he finds the diaper genie to be great entertainment. He flips the top from side to side, and if the pusher in the middle doesn't move, he punches it to the other side and flips the top again to make it move back. He's so smart.
He has rediscovered his love for the game of peekaboo. He will put a napkin, a blanket, or even a piece of clothes over his head and sit and giggle before revealing himself. So fun!
I am so in love with my little boy.
Tuesday, October 26, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)














ME, Too!
ReplyDeleteMe, too!!! He's so incredibly precious!
ReplyDelete