Andrew came home with a drawing last week that said, "My Family" but was only a drawing of himself.
Me: "I like your picture, you did a good job drawing yourself. Did you
mean to only draw you, or did you run out of time to draw mommy and
daddy?"
A: "I ran out of time."
M: "Would you like to finish it then? I can get your crayons"
A: "no, I like it with just me."
but he did tell my sister he deliberately only drew 4 fingers on one
hand because he's four years old. So that is him holding up 4 fingers.
We decided to buy Andrew an inflatable punching bag. Its the same height as him. We want him to have a safe outlet for getting out anxiety and anger and frustration. He LOVES it.
Tuesday evening daddy and I had an appointment out and didn't get back until after bedtime. He had asked Annelise to leave the door open so we could say goodnight to him. We snuck in even though it was quiet, but he suddenly sat up and said, "Arg! Shiver me timbers! I can't see ye without the light!" We all three started laughing as we also climbed into the bed with him to shower him with kisses. He asked me if I was feeling better and I said "yes, are you?" He said no. So I kissed his nose. His answer was still no, so daddy blew on his cheek. Still no. "Well what would make you feel better?" I asked. He said, "If you massage me when I get up." So I massaged his head and said goodnight.
Wednesday Andrew got up at 2am. Turned on the lights in the living room and kitchen. Found slippers we bought for him that he hadn't seen yet and tried them on. Took them off and played with some toys. Went potty. Then came knocking on our door. "Can you guys keep an eye on me in case I see another mouse?" ... "Andrew! It's 2 in the morning! Go back to bed!!" .. "why?" ... "Because - 2am is the time when everyone in the world should be sleeping. Go to sleep!" .. "okay." (he saw a mouse the other morning)
Wednesday evening he was playing on his electric keyboard. "Mom, since we have mice in here, I think we should play 'Three Blind Mice.'
Saturday we had a congregation get together. He started off playing football with Bruce Wright and daddy - loved it. Then we moved to the playground for a while. After dinner he liked throwing hedge apples in the ravine with other kids, then back to the playground we went. Then he got invited to play kick ball. That was pretty funny to watch. He liked kicking the dirt and watching the dust cloud billow at his feet. He did kick it and make it to first base without getting out, but someone else did. The next round they let him start at first and with the audience helping him know when to run - he made it all the way back home and scored a point for his team. They seemed to all have a blast.
Monday, October 28, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment