I forgot to mention that on Saturday I learned that our friend Jennifer Pingle had wrecked her truck and it caught on fire. She managed to get out before it blew up, and she had no scratches or breaks - but does have a concussion. After I told Ted about it, Andrew was asking questions. I said something about how the 'truck went up in flames' and he asked,"did it come back down?" lol
He also had asked me last week about chimneys and fire. He thought fire went up the chimney and I told him the fire stayed in the fireplace, but the smoke went up and out the chimney. He asked if it'd make the fire alarm go off and I said that the alarm is supposed to sound if the inside of the house fills up with smoke. It took a few times of me trying to explain it all before he totally got it.
Sunday October 6th, we were invited to attend a recorded viewing of the annual meeting of the Governing Body. Ours was for 3pm in Mt. Pleasant. We heard it was almost 4 hours long, so we let Andrew stay home with Annelise (attended Saturdays). He was very upset that we were going to the meeting without him. I'm sure he'd have done fine, it's just a long time to ask a little person to sit quietly. We all got the new release of the revised New World Translation Bible so I was a little bummed that he wasn't there to get his own at the same time. Soon though we can take him to the literature counter and he can get one there himself. We got home around 9pm and Annelise said that he requested she leave the bedroom door cracked open so that we can come in and kiss him goodnight.
Monday for family worship we wanted to talk to Andrew about Halloween. He already knew we didn't celebrate, but we were hoping to expound on why, and talk about the different aspects of it. He blew us away with how much he already knew. He told us that it was when people dressed up as witches and ghosts. We explained to him that ghosts aren't real, they're demons tricking people into thinking the dead are up walking around. He knew about the demons already so we questioned him about whether or not dead people can act or seem alive. So we asked him what happens when you die and he demonstrated for us that you make a gagging sound and fall to the ground. lol So we asked more questions and he told us the 'heart turns off' and he plugged his nose to stop breathing, you can't think or move, etc. He reminded us that Jehovah will bring us back to life - so we reminded him, that yes, that happens later after Jehovah restores Paradise. In the meantime, we have to make sure we are Jehovah's friend and not doing the things that makes Satan happy. He said something else that I can't remember. I told him that we don't have to worry about Satan and the demons though because Jehovah is stronger and more powerful, and He can protect us and take care of us and help us. But then we told him that if one of us dies, we know, that as long as we're doing good things Jehovah likes, then we will be together again in Paradise. I asked him if it was hard for him to not celebrate Halloween and he said yes. I told him I understood but that each time he doesn't dress up and go door to door for candy, and (he brought up christmas earlier as another trick Satan uses) not celebrate christmas and get together to give each other presents then, and each time he has a birthday with no party and cake - that we "make Satan mad" were his words but mine were "make Jehovah happy, and mommy, and daddy, and Annelise, and Nana and Papa and Grandma and Grandpa, and Joy and Barry - and all our friends at the hall - HAPPY" We also reminded him that not everyone knows all of that - like the people at school and those who will ask him what he's going to be for halloween, but all the friends at the hall do know. We told him we were so proud of him and that he's a good boy.
Later he and I were playing dinosaurs and mine asked his, "What are you going to be for Halloween?" His dinosaur replied, "No! I don't do halloween!!" I had another dinosaur tell his, "I'm so proud of you" and give him kisses. Then our dinosaurs ran the warrior dash together. The second dash around, his dinosaur kicked mine. I started to pretend crying. He came running back to help my dinosaur up, ran and got a pretend bandaid for his leg, got a tissue to blow his nose, showed him where the sink was to wash his hands, and then they started to race back together. Then his dinosaur tripped and got hurt so mine had to get the bandaid, tissue, and help him wash hands. Then they finished the race side by side together. He's such a sweetie when he decides to be.
Sunday morning I let him help me juice. The machine got jammed on the carrots so I had to take it apart and clean it. I was having trouble getting it off. He said, "Do you want me to do that for you?" I told him it was nice of him to offer, but that I am stronger than him so he wouldnt be able to do it. He got very upset. He told me he was stronger than me and I assured him that someday he will be, when he is grown up, but now, because I am bigger, I am also stronger. Then he decided I was telling him that he isn't strong at all. ayeayeaye I felt like I was talking in circles explaining that I know he is strong - and just to let it go. For the next five minutes, though, he was picking up random things like celery stalks, cups, and toys, "see, I'm strong"
Sunday, October 13, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Isn't it great that he is thinking!!! reasoning on things he wonders about or is interested in. So proud of him...and of you as parents! Good job. Keep up the good training!
ReplyDelete