Andrew says "up" very clearly and says "Uh oh" when he throws something or deliberately drops something. I guess technically those are his 'first words' even though he's said mom and dad for months already. He says a bunch of other words but they aren't quite correct. Like Ball he says with a D instead. I'm figuring we should count his first words as ones spoken perfectly clearly every time, very deliberately and at appropriate times, and continually. He has spoken words clearly in the past, but he doesn't continue with them. Anyway... Up being his first. Uh Oh his second. His third word would be 'knee'. He was sitting on the potty this morning and pointed to his knee and said 'knee' very clearly.
He loves to read the word Yes... he brings you a book with it while saying "yeh yeh yeh yeh"
Andrew is very interested in the printer. The best part is I'll print something and he'll bring me the papers when they're done!
At meeting Wednesday night there were two little boys showing Andrew their rolling backpacks. They were showing him how the zipper worked, how the handle goes up and down, and how they have books and crayons and pencils inside. He was mostly fascinated by the handle that can go up and down, and also the wheels. It was interesting to watch.
Andrew had a sleepover at Paulas on Tuesday night. I so desperately needed a chance to get some uninterrupted sleep and be able to sleep in. Her husband was out of town for the night so she volunteered to take Andrew. He was so good! He never cried once, didn't have separation anxiety and just played played played. At 9:30 he asked to be up and wanted his milk, she put him in the crib. He whimpered once and she said, "night night" and he went out like a light. Apparently he didnt make a peep until 6:30. Of course, Wednesday night comes,we have meeting. He wouldnt go down for a nap until 6:22 and we had to leave at 7. He was awake the entire meeting. We come home and feed him most of a protein bar and put him to bed just after 10:30. He still was up before 6. We can't win. He very obviously still needs two naps a day, but we're going to try and push his bed time to 8:30 and see what happens.
So we bought him that little slide last weekend. He now goes up the ladder, sits correctly on top, and slides down the slide all by himself! He seems to enjoy it - I'm so glad!
Andrew likes to play with the drawer under the oven. I keep my stone bakeware under there and he's actually strong enough to pull it out. Well Today I was getting our breakfast ready and had my back turned as I put food on his tray. I heard him messing with it all and just assumed he was trying to pull stuff out. I turn around and HE is in the drawer. Lol. Instead of helping him - I went and grabbed the camera for a quick picture.
Andrew's slide from Amanda Hagler on Vimeo.
Thursday, December 9, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

He sure is a cutie.
ReplyDeleteLove watching him slide...and clapping at his success!
ReplyDelete