Last Wednesday night at meeting, Andrew started taking off his shoes. He doesn't usually, but I'd realized that those past two days he had been trying to get his shoes off during the day too. I assumed he was just bored. At the meeting, I let him remove his shoes, and then he started on his socks. Thats not very unusual but I thought maybe his feet were hot and he'd sit still better barefoot. Then I noticed the indentations in his skin that the shoes put there! His shoes are too small! Poor kid!
Friday, Ted was off work so we went up to the consignment store to buy new shoes for Andrew. He no longer wears 4-1/2... but apparently the 5 1/2 and 6's fit just fine (all depends on the brand and style). That was a jump! We came home with three pairs of new shoes (one pair is a 7 I think but will give him tennis shoes to match daddys) and a pair of football shaped slippers for Andrew. Hopefully they will last us a while.
Also Friday afternoon when he was eating lunch, Ted was singing the "Old MacDonald" song and when he said 'horse', Andrew actually made the sign for horse! I didn't know he knew that.
I forgot to mention the day we got the car, that while we were waiting for it to be brought around to us Andrew was running around in the waiting room. There was a little lip in the floor and it tripped him and he hit his forehead full force into the leg of a chair. He instantly had a knot on his head. Just a few days before that, he fell off backward on his slide and hit his head on his pile of blocks. My poor baby is getting his share of bumps and bruises for sure!
He also tries to imitate his daddy being a gorilla. He flails his arms in the air and makes noises. I dont think anyone else would know what he is doing though.
Andrew is really showing he understands the sign language well. More than once he has made the sign for "hurt" and when I asked him where - he put his hands on his head. He still has a bruise on his forehead from falling into the chair at the car place so it is very possibly he is getting headaches. Guess it is time to get him into the chiropractor again.
Saturday afternoon we invited some friends over to play games and eat dinner with us. We had a lot of fun and everyone was very sweet to engage Andrew too at random times. He mostly entertained himself, but enjoyed being included whenever he surfaced at the table.
Today we pulled out Rock Band ... Andrew claimed the microphone.
Tonight around 7:25 Andrew was sitting on my lap watching me do stuff on my computer. I said, "I think it is time to go get your jammies on and get some milk and go to bed." He instantly jumped off my lap and ran to his room - straight for the table that we put his nighttime bottle on. I was surprised to find that daddy already put a bottle there ready to go, so all I had to do was get Andrew's jammies on him. When I left the room he was standing in his crib, then I heard him rolling around playing for a few minutes, and then.. silence. Sweet dreams baby boy.
Sunday, December 26, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

*love*
ReplyDelete