He also discovered that he can put things under his bed and they "disappear."
He loves to play with the hangers in his closet.
He lays down on his stomach in the tub - all on his own, I guess pretending to swim.
He makes the signs for milk, more, finished, ouch and today even did the sign for mom.
We have a plastic dish tub (the one we use for the footbath) than Andrew is always pulling out of the closet. He climbs in and waits to see if anyone will push him down the hallway in it. It's quite a workout when we do! I find it interesting that while Andrew is doing something fun, he usually has a completely blank and focused expression on his face. Its when he stops that he turns and smiles to show you that he enjoyed the activity. Then he asks for more!
Sunday (today) we took him to Goofballs Family Fun Center. We'd never been, but kids under 2 are free and they have a toddler zone. When we get there, we are the only ones there and it was great! Everything is in one room except two things.. the Lazer Mania, and another room that was Andrew's favorite. It had padded floors, the walls were painted beautifully with different animals and sea life. Then there were several wooden forts that you can climb all over. Some had levels to climb up, then tunnels to go through, and then slides to go down; some straight and some curved. It also had randomly located air guns of sort and soft balls that you could drop in and they'd shoot out. It didn't hurt to get hit with the balls. We all had a blast in that room. I guess I only took one picture, but I got some videos of him running around and climbing and going down slides. Outside that room, we did a round of bowling and he loved chasing the ball down the lane and watching the pins get reset. We played a few games in the arcade area, and climbed on the toddler play set. We won enough tickets to get him two plastic animals. I lined up all his options and he chose a cheetah and a gorilla. Gorilla is his favorite word.
In this video we are bowling on "Route 66"
In this video he is climbing up the fort, and I didn't realize there was a tunnel to go through. I saw him go into the yellow and thought he was going down the slide by himself! whew!
Goofballs: climbing to the slide from Amanda Hagler on Vimeo.
Andrew running around:
At Goofballs Family Fun Center from Amanda Hagler on Vimeo.

He actually could climb up that first big step of the fort by himself, but I could never catch it on camera!
ReplyDeleteAaaah good times! This place will be fun for a good while with him I think.
ReplyDeleteWhat fun that Daddy can and will climb all over that stuff with Andrew!!!Thanks for sharing it all!
ReplyDeleteI just love this boy. :-)
ReplyDelete