These days Andrew is pretty eager to be involved in just about anything we might be doing, especially if its not an every day thing. The other day Ted was working on some projects and Andrew was practically running back and forth following Ted around. He was a big help handing screws to daddy.. and then dumping them all over the floor, and then putting most of them back in the box, and dumping them out again, etc.
Sunday he went to meeting looking like a child of the 70's. His pants were a dark brown with a hint of purple to them, a white button down shirt with light brown buttons, and a tie that actually came from Old Navy or Gap but the colors in the plaid just made it look like it was from a different decade. It was kind of funny.
I bought him a Baby Signing Time dvd. He hasn't quite taken to it in the sense that he'll sit still and watch it. The actual signing is coupled with music and song. Ted and I have learned all the signs rather quickly, but I am hoping that when Andrew sees the little kids (all two years and younger) on the dvd making the signs, he'll be more inclined to sign more also. He already knows some of the signs, though he doesn't readily use all of them. He signs 'more' and 'milk' and I think he has signed 'eat' just a few times, he signs 'finished' and occasionally 'change'. The dvd has all of those and some animals and a few others. He has only seen it a few times so far since we've had it less than a week. We'll see. If nothing else - it is helping Ted and me learn more.
Sunday we had our first snow of winter. Monday morning we decided to go play before it melted too much. I was able to bundle him up pretty well except for gloves.
Monday, December 13, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Lots to take in! Fun pics. Glad you all enjoyed the snow...I had to laugh when you said: "before it melts too much". Melts in this cold? How?!
ReplyDeleteHe's just so scrumptious. I want to eat him up. LOVEloveLOVE him! (and you!)
ReplyDelete