Seems like he started the Your Baby Can Read dvd set when he was almost 3 months old. I'm not positive. I'd have to go back through the blog or my calendar to look. Anyway, I haven't been regular with his flashcards so he's pretty much only been using the videos. I might pull them out twice a month at the most it seems. But today I pulled them out and wanted to see if he knew any of them. He got 7 out of 7 right!! Ted came in and I said, "Your baby can read!" He wasn't sure if he should believe me. But the look on his face when I proved it was priceless.
These are the words Andrew was asked to read. I would hold up two cards equal distances away and say, "Which card says _____?" He'd look back and forth and look like he was focusing really hard, and then he'd reach up and either tag the card or try to take the card. I mixed them up too - they weren't always on the same side to choose from. I'm still a little in disbelief. Here was his mix, in reverse order of what he was asked:
Chimpanzee vs. Arms Up
Tongue vs. Elephant
Chimpanzee vs. Rattle --> this one took the longest for him to choose between
Diaper vs. Keys
Tiger vs. Nose
I can't remember which word I asked him to select, but he got it right both times. These were the words I started with.
Dog vs. Eyes
Mouth vs. Cats
Monday, April 19, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment