I don't know if I've posted this already or not - but he can tie his own shoes! He is very proud of it, even though he does a couple of steps a little bit backwards or harder than it needs to be.
Daddy bought him a little RC car. His favorite thing to do with it so far is to make it spin in circles really fast. Early Monday morning we were both in the hallway and he walked into the back of me and it broke the antenna on the remote. "Look what you did!!" he yelled at me. *sigh* I told him he needs to watch where he is going and be more careful.
Monday I took Andrew to a doctor in Hermitage to experience the Field Control Therapy that is helping me. He was very polite and obedient, and did an excellent job sitting there for almost an hour being muscle tested. I read "Where the Sidewalk Ends" to him when he got bored watching. When we asked him what he thought about the whole experience, he said it was 'awesome.'
He apparently has a bacterial infection in his stomach, his frontal lobe, esophagus, and gums need support. (We are guessing the esophagus because of his coughing, and his gums because he has a loose tooth) But there is also a field that was for 'amygdalum.' I thought it was the amygdala at first, but an amygdalum is a kind of shellfish! So I dont know what that was about. But I guess if it's something he's allergic to, that allergy will be removed through the treatment.
They kindly gave him a penny and a dime at their office since he collects coins for his bank.
On the way home, we had to swing by daddy's work. Andrew gave his dime to daddy so that 'he can buy something at work if he needs to.' I thought that was very thoughtful of him.
Tuesday was terrible. I'm pretty sure all of us cried at some point. At the time of writing this, I can't recall everything that went on. He did draw me a picture of a broken heart. And later he was upset and acting depressed. He wrote, "I like everything except myself." and drew a heart "for mom and dad" and a broken heart "for Andrew." I know that made me cry. I've struggled a lot physically this week and was feeling a bit depressed myself. Feeling like if I could just pull myself up and pretend to be excited and happy for Andrew and Ted both - that maybe they'd feel better and do better too. That if I'd never chosen to go to school - we wouldn't be on this roller coaster still.
Putting him down for a nap, he told me he no longer wanted to go to heaven. I asked him what made him change his mind. He said, "I want to stay here on earth, and I want to die and not be resurrected." He's so dramatic. Anyway.. while Andrew was napping, I drew arrows on post it notes and left a trail leading from his door, down the hallway, around the couch and up the leg of the dining table - all leading to a plate with a heart made of M&Ms and a note saying, 'because I love you more than I can ever say.'
Andrew was super excited. Then he tried to leave a trail for me. He made a plate of bunny cookies and chocolate covered dried fruit (and apparently by the ring around his mouth, he ate a bunch too). But when I got to the plate - the note he left simply said, "stupid." That is apparently his word of the week. He did try to redeem himself by leaving a love note afterward.
Wednesday started off okay. We were going to take the Arnolds
with us to Netts Country Store and have their breakfast and see if they
had milk we could pick up. Andrew had a spell of his anger (over my trying to show him an easier step in his shoe tying and him being disrespectful to me, and then not getting his shoes tied) and drama before we
left and said some pretty mean things (including that he didn't want
Fred and Ann to come, which I knew wasn't true) At the last minute, Ann remembered that her grandkids were coming and she didn't know what time, so they had to stay home. Then Andrew got upset that they weren't coming. But I did at least manage to get him to be more calm.
At
breakfast, he was charming. He ordered his own breakfast and engaged
the owner. He started a discussion about Rudolph the reindeer and how he
knows he's not real. But there was a mounted deer head on the wall
dressed as Rudolph. He told the owner that he knew the deer had been
real at one time, but had been shot dead, and that Rudolph isn't real.
She went in the back and all of a sudden you see the deer head move and
her voice saying, "Hi Andrew! You said I wasn't real!" as it introduced
itself as Buck. Andrew laughed and kept looking around during some
strange conversation with this deer head. When the lady returned, he
kept asking her where she went and what buttons she had to push to make
it move and speak. She wouldn't give him any direct answers, not
admitting or denying anything. You could tell he knew though.
I can't remember what else happened on Wednesday - but it was a rough day. I know he got mad about something, picked up his ipad and hurled
it at the floor trying to bust it. So that got taken away. (and another
day later he got mad that he lost his ipad privileges and took scissors
to his favorite hat he'd made at school, a little Indian hat with a
feather. Daddy taped it back together for him. When he gets upset
though, he always tries to destroy something he loves or that we love.)
We did some meeting preparations with him and he had some very good answers prepared for meeting. He also used his ipad to look up the scriptures and the songs.
Thursday we did a lot of painting around the house. After nap we went to the Arnolds to help move some heavy furniture. Then we all drove around together to find a place to eat dinner. Fulin's was packed, China Buffet didn't appeal to Ann - so we ended up at Asuka. Not good food, but we didn't have to wait to be seated and still enjoyed being with the Arnolds. We went back to their place and watched some of the JW.org videos and chatted.
That night we never told Andrew to get ready for bed. We figured, he's on break - if he ever wants to stay up all night and be awful the next day - this night was the best one for that. And *maybe*, just maybe - he wouldn't get up at 5:30am. While he was watching the Cars movie, there is a scene where a mini-van passes McQueen on the interstate saying 'me-me-me-me-me' in a high pitched tone. Andrew repeats, "A me-me van! .. me-me-me-me-me..."
It was around 11pm that we told Andrew we were going to bed. He hopped off the couch and announced he wanted to go to bed too. He didn't want to stay up by himself.
He did sleep in past 5:30 - but the dogs woke us up around then anyway. And Andrew was up at 6:30. Not really worth staying up til 11pm for.
Saturday morning he had a nice calm morning of service since Cairo Wright came with us just to be with him.
Saturday night he thought his loose tooth might be ready to come out. He and daddy both tried pulling it, but it didn't work.
Monday, December 29, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

And MOM got the loose tooth out! Andrew is so pleased with himself!
ReplyDelete