Sunday, May 11, 2014

"I like big bottoms!"

In service last Saturday, Andrew and I were waiting a while in the car. I let him unbuckle and move around as long as he stayed quiet. I can't remember exactly how the conversation started, but we were talking about how people come in all different shapes and sizes. I started giving example of hair and eye color, shoulder width, height. When I mentioned that some have small bottoms and some have big bottoms ... he excitedly exclaimed, "I wish I had a big bottom because I like big bottoms! Like, as big as this car!"  Then he got a little carried away with things outside the car that were bigger and bigger. I finally told him that it'd be impossible for a bottom to get that big.

He is still making up words and defining them if you ask.  In service he told me a Herine is a bad guy who destroys bridges and likes to destroy things. A Herina is a girl. Herine is a boy. 
There was another word recently that he used that is a real word and when I asked him if he knew what it was he said that "it's when you have a number on your back and there is an arrow pointing to the number on your back."  I told him what it really meant and he said, "Okay. But it's also when you have a number on your back....."  lol

A few days ago, I was eating a Dove chocolate filled with peanut butter. Andrew was already in bed so I placed on one his table for him to find in the morning. He was very pleased when he found it and asked if it was for him. "Can I have it for breakfast??"  He asked why I gave it to him and I told him because I was enjoying one and he'd been so good, I thought he'd like a little something special.
The next morning, he was eating breakfast at his table. "Mom, was I good yesterday?" I thought for a second and replied, "Yes! You were very good yesterday."  He then asked, "Why didn't I get a piece of chocolate this morning on my table?"  I had to explain that although he was good, I'm not going to leave candy out all the time.

Though I did let him have ice cream for breakfast Thursday morning. I got a case of strawberries from the farmers market and had week old raw milk still to use up. I made strawberry ice cream with some protein powder in it. Figure it doesn't matter if he has that often since everything in it is good for him!

If you end up having any bodily contact with Andrew as he trips or bumps you - he turns and says, "hey! Look what you did!" or "Look what you made me do!" and takes no credit himself. Though if you say, "Oww!" he is quick to apologize.

We pulled out his sand table and filled it with play sand. The next thing I know, he is sitting in it. He was very disappointed when I told him he was not to climb in it, but be next to it. "Well, how am I supposed to play in it then?"  Again, next to it.  "Oh."  Then he was walking around the yard with just the umbrella to it, not interested so much in the sand.

He got his ball stuck in the tree. Pushed his car next to the tree, climbed on top of the car trying to reach the ball. He had to get help from daddy who helped him climb up into the tree and retrieve the ball himself.

Andrew and I were playing a few rounds of Guess Who.  I was very careful not to see his card and not to allow him to see mine whenever we were drawing them. Three times during the game I had to raise an eyebrow at him though. Twice, early in the round, he'd ask a random question about a random person (that did not relate to his turn, just talking about attributes on a person). Both times - that *one* question was about the person I had.  The third time this happened - he had only asked one question which resulted in eliminating 5 of his options. He announced, "I know who you are."  He was correct and I still don't know how he knew! I know for a fact he never saw my card and he wasn't even looking when I drew it. 

Friday morning Andrew came bounding into our room at 5:15. He had tied his lovey/blanket into a cape and was very energetic and excited to be a superhero.
He did really well his last day of trial Kindergarten.  He came home with a card he made for me with a heart on it. He was very pleased. He loves me so much and tells me that every day.
He told me today he doesn't like playing violin anymore. It's too hard.  (He still wants to be shown something just once and automatically get it, rather than work for it a bit. But he is doing really well - his teacher is rather strict and rigid on holding everything perfectly.)

Friday I also let him bring his scooter in the house and ride it all over the place. He's pretty good at turning corners with it.  He asked me why I let him bring it in the house so I told him it's because I'm nice. lol  (it's moreso because I need to study and need him to find ways to entertain himself and I know that gets boring inside.)

We also browsed online together for Lego sets. He picked out about 8-10 lego sets he was interested in. Then I got him to put them in order of most favorite to least favorite.  He just has to practice his violin 5 more times to earn the next set. So I went ahead and bought two sets and some extra little items. We thought we could give him a few little things for graduation, then let him pick one set for finishing the 25 violin lessons, and have the next one to work toward too. 

Saturday morning, daddy was out the door at 4am to go to an RBC build in Memphis.  I heard Andrew get up at 5 and just prayed he wouldn't start riding his scooter around and be noisy so I could sleep.  Around 5:30 I woke up to the alarm sounding off.  Andrew had opened the garage door trying to find his scooter.  I was calling for him as I walked through the house. He opened the studio door wondering why I was calling for him. I told him that he set the alarm off. He said, "Oh. I guess I shouldn't have done that."  lol  I assured him I knew he didn't do it on purpose.

After nap I let him have a huge bowl of homemade strawberry ice cream with fresh strawberries and chocolate chips on it. He asked for M&M's on it too. I told him I wasn't sure if we had any. He said, "Yes we do! I'll find them! Can I find them?"  He pulled a chair into the kitchen and climbed on the counter. He rummaged through the herb cabinet and didn't find them. When he opened the next cabinet, "We DO have NMM's (that's how he says it). See! I told you!!"   He started trying to place them one at a time into his ice cream but they weren't sticking like they do into cookie dough. lol I told him to just grab a handful. That sure was a yummy treat for him.
I let him have that ice cream (without the chocolate candy) for breakfast recently too since it's made with raw milk and egg, protein powder that has probiotics and vegetables in it, and natural sugar.  He didn't know what to think about that! 

It's very important to him that I come in his room to kiss him goodnight.  He tries to keep me in there "but I need to tell you something. Can I tell you something?"  It could be anything starting with 'once upon a time...' to 'did you know...."   and there is always the "can you please stay with me for more than a minute?"  I do lie down and cuddle with him for a couple of minutes here and there. I might massage his head trying to get him relaxed more. He loves it when I sing "Dream a little dream" to him.

He is such a good boy. I love him so very much!

1 comment:

  1. He's going to LOVE it when school for you is over and you two can spend more time together without obligations dictating your schedule.

    ReplyDelete