Conversation in the car:
Daddy: Andrew, can you please stop making that noise.
Andrew: I'm being a rocket ship.
D: There is no sound in outerspace.
A: Yes there is.
D: No there isn't. You need air for sound, and there is no air in outer space.
A: Well, there is air in MY outer space!
After a couple of errands and lunch at a pizza buffet, we took him to play at Monkey Joes. He LOVED that. Daddy used him as a basket ball once and put him through an inflatable hoop and let him hang in it. Andrew thought it was funny.
I forgot to mention in last week's post that one night I was putting Andrew to bed and he said he was ready to give another talk so he could see Nana and Papa at his kingdom hall. So sweet.
And I think it was Sunday night, I was laying in bed next to him chatting. He asked me how someone get's married. I told him not to worry about it because he has to be much much older. Then he asked if he could marry me. I told him I was already married to daddy, and that when he is older he'll find a girl that he loves and wants to spend the rest of his life with and they can get married. He asked how he was going to find her. I said not to worry - because he was going to have to be 18 or older, have his own car, a job, and it'd be good to have a house of his own to live in. He thought for a minute and said, "How about we go to the Arnold's house, I can marry them!" I just smiled and squeezed him.
Then he started telling me about all the people he loves - he has a big heart.
Andrew has been so sweet this entire week. He's come home in good spirits and gone right to playing with toys. One evening when I announced dinner was ready, he asked to help and went to get silverware out of the drawer and set the table himself - even folding napkins for each of us. He's made great use of his manners and been mostly cooperative.
On Friday morning I was pulling out things to make my lunch with and Andrew says, "Can we go out to eat?" I told him "you eat out every morning - you eat at school!" He said, "No, for dinner!" Neither of us had even had breakfast yet and he was already worried about dinner?! We did end up going out. They chose Fulins and we all had sushi. He ate his entire crazy roll and a crab rangoon. And because he didn't sing Happy B-day to a classmate we took him out for ice cream after dinner and let him have an adult small cup instead of a kids cup (waaay too much!) I can't believe he was even able to eat all of that! He ate just as much as I did! He did say his tummy hurt on the way home.. so much so he claimed he couldn't talk! lol
Saturday in the ministry, Miranda asked him if he could say "oscillococcinum" and he said, "I can say that!" and he DID! There was another long hard word she asked that he was able to repeat exactly without asking again to hear it first like I would have had to.
Sunday we went to Tito's for dinner before grocery shopping. He enjoyed trying to help me quiz Annelise on muscles. Every time she got the answer he said, "yep! I got it right!"
On the take-out box, he wrote his name perfectly and in a straight line! I think he was 2.5 the last time he wrote in a straight line - after that it was more diagonally. I guess because all the kids around him were just learning to write and were all over the page.
in his prayers Sunday night: "thank you for the bugs that are outside and not inside"
Sunday, September 8, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment