I was lying in Andrew's bed, waiting for him to return from brushing his teeth. He didn't know I was in there, came in with daddy and gasped with a smile on his face, "There's a bear in my bed!" I laughed and said, "You mean goldilocks is in your bed and she's still there!" He thinks it's a lot of fun to have mommy lie in the bed with him, and great fun if daddy gets on the other side too when we put him to sleep. But lately he'll roll over and say, "I wanna love on you!" and give me kisses. One night he just rested his head on my shoulder. So sweet.
Andrew after drinking a cup of milk I made for him: "Can I have another cup of milk?"
Me: "Sure."
Andrew: "That's my girl!!"
Friday September 13th was the last day of my exams and I got my massage table. So all of us went to pick Andrew up from school, a jaunt through Costco, and then to Sushi dinner to celebrate passing all the exams. Andrew ordered a "Yummy roll" and ate the entire thing after eating a bowl of Miso soup (and all the handouts from Costco as well as a full thing of Sprite since I forgot to bring a thermos of water for him), and then finished it off with a piece of tempura ice cream. WHERE he was putting it, I don't know! He out-ate us!
Saturday morning Andrew and I played games in the studio while we waited for everyone else to wake up. At one point, he jumped up saying, "Good job mommy! I love you" and almost tackled me as he gave me a hug (and accidentally smashed my glasses into my face.)
Saturday afternoon we went to Arrington Vineyards for a while with Annelise and a few of her friends. Andrew went down to the vineyards and got a pile of rocks. He brought a rock for each of us. A little later, we saw him trying to carry a HUGE rock. It was heavy!! He struggled to keep holding it, and dropped it a few times. At the bottom of the hill, he dropped it and asked for help. When we didn't come help, he stopped and pushed some other kids on a swing. Then he picked up the rock and hiked back up the hill with it. The thing was huge.. I really don't know how he didn't hurt himself carrying it. I hope he didn't anyway! Besides that, he enjoyed meeting other children running around, doing lots of somersaults, and even playing a couple of rounds of Catch Phrase. That was cute.. it's a game where you have a word and you try to get your team to say that word - without saying it yourself. Of course that was over Andrew's head, so when it was his turn, he'd just read the word, we'd repeat it like we were guessing - and he'd get all excited "you got it!!" It was fun.
Sunday morning Ted was working on his truck and Andrew was being his little sidekick. Andrew asked for a popcicle and was denied. Then he said he was thirsty. Daddy asked him what he'd like to drink and Andrew suggested lemonade. We don't have any lemonade but daddy said maybe after the meeting they could come up with something. Andrew said, "like Sonic?" Daddy said sure but told Andrew to remind him after the meeting. They were literally driving home and Andrew piped up, "Are we going to Sonic dad?" Ted (who had forgotten) said, "Yes we are!" Andrew replied, "Ata boy!"
Sunday, September 15, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment