Tuesday morning Nana and Papa surprised Andrew by coming out to swim and have lunch together, since this is the last week we'll both be out of school together until holidays arrive. The air was not hot and the water felt cold - but they all enjoyed the time together.
The weather was perfect for taking Andrew to the Williamson County Fair on Tuesday evening. He was 1/2 inch too short for a bunch of rides, but he enjoyed the ones he did get to. It was all a pretty nice set up and they had cute things for the younger crowd. He started rubbing his eyes around 7:30 so we shared a funnel cake with caramel, chocolate, and walnuts on it. That sugar got him through the rest of the evening.
Wednesday, we had prepared a scripture for him to read during the congregation bible study. He sat on my lap and raised his hand high. You could tell the conductor was a little nervous calling on him for reading it, but he did... and Andrew read it perfectly - much to the relief of the conductor I'm sure. He was very excited to participate that way too.
Thursday the Laffertys came over to swim for a couple of hours and in the evening it was time for another violin lesson. He's doing a really good job progressing. We are on a new schedule and now Taylor Buffington has her lesson after him, so we stayed and he got to see Taylor practice for a few minutes.
Friday, I heard him talking in his bed. So I snuck in and he was completely under the covers, talking away. I whispered "where's Andrew?" as I sat on the side of the bed. He threw the covers back, smiling, and sat up. He took a deep breath, and then just kept.on.talking. I don't recall what he talked about, but he hardly took in a breath between sentences and subjects. I just leaned back and listened and smiled - soaking him in. We had some giggle time and then I told him I had something special for him today. I was taking him to aMuse'um in Columbia to play. He had a lovely time there despite a couple of girls being really mean to him several times. He was a trooper, so kind and polite to them anyway. I was proud of him.
I asked him what he wanted for lunch and he said pizza, so we tried out a new pizza joint in town. It wasn't great, but he ate two pieces and we enjoyed being together. I even let him get root beer. They had a little dessert menu on the table and he read through the entire thing. As he was reading he said, "Cole Slaw ...." I stopped him, "Cole slaw??" He said, "Yeah. Cole slaw" as he pointed to the word 'Colossal'. LOL He's so cute.
Saturday, he helped daddy mow the lawn. He's okay at driving it and controlling it, but his best job is cleaning it. Ted said he's showing himself responsible enough to get the blades clean after the job is done. He was also helpful in washing windows with Aunt Eese.
Ted
saw a shirt at Kohls in Andrew's size that says "Boy Genius" on it. We
thought it was funny given how smart he is. But, no, I do not think he
is a genius like some have asked or suggested.
Sunday morning I was
folding laundry and I showed it to him. He read it to me correctly and I
asked, "Do you know what genius means?" He guessed, "Happy and
proud?" LOL I told him it is when someone is really really super smart; smarter than most of the other people the same age. Then
he started prancing around singing, "I'm a genius! I'm a genius!"
*sigh* I told him he was not a genius, though he is really smart.
Monday, August 12, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

He IS really smart..and by your definition..he IS a genius. lol I am so glad you keep a record of all these things. He is a "cole slaw" cutie for sure!!!
ReplyDeletelol
Delete