Monday August 19th - Andrew's first day of Pre-K1 school. There were no tears, no fussing as he got ready and went off with daddy. When he came home he was in good spirits. I asked him if he liked his new teacher and he said no. So I asked what he did not like about her. "I did not like the whole body of her."
Tuesday we tried taking some "first day of school" photos since I didn't have time on Monday. It was still dark at 6am so they're not great. We retook them in the afternoon but his smile then was a bit more posed and awkward.
He got to ride with daddy and take Grandma to the airport before getting to school. He was very disappointed when I told him no to his question, "will I get to drive the plane too?"
When they got home, Ted said that Andrew's teachers told him that he is way way way ahead of all the other kids in his class in pretty much every area, including writing. That they are going to have to try really hard to challenge him and keep him from getting bored.
Thursday and Friday both, Ted knew right off the bat he must have been given food coloring. He was mean and difficult from the moment he arrived at school to get him, until bedtime. He had a hard time staying focused and cooperative during his violin lesson on Thursday too. He was still a crankypants Saturday morning, saying he didn't want to go in service, and he didn't want to be with Joy and Barry - but he did enjoy being with them/us despite what he claimed afterward. Stinker.
Monday, August 26, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

You sure do have to be alert to dietary stuff like that food coloring issue.
ReplyDeleteGlad he is off to a good start with preschool..hope he gets to liking his teacher better. We already knew he was way ahead of all the other kids. Challenge indeed!