Tuesday I had to get him from school early because it was the only time Adam Roberts could see us that day. As we were leaving, he picked up a small rock and told me he was bringing a treasure with him. As Adam was leading us down the hallway, Andrew tells him that he brought a treasure with him, for Adam. Adam said he'd have to find a special place for such a treasure, and when we went into the office, there was a little candle dish with rocks in it. He let Andrew choose a place in with the other rocks to lay the treasure.
Then after Andrew's treatment, he picked an oil that he thought Andrew would like and put some on a q-tip for Andrew to keep. Andrew said it was his treasure that Adam gave him. He made sure Adam gave me a treasure also.
He had his second violin lesson. I was very proud of him for remembering the names of the strings (forward and backward!!), and how to properly hold the bow. Today he learned how to properly stand and got to practice playing on the E string. He did really really well for having had a long day.
Daddy asked him what he learned at school today and he said, "Music is a show for everyone to hear." I thought that was a nice way to describe music. And he said he got to play the drums. He also told me about making a guitar out of "plastic things" and "colored rubber bands" and that he wanted to play it again but it broke. He was hoping we had colored rubber bands at home to make a new one. (I never got to see what he was talking about.)
Andrew made a mature observation and inquiry. He told me that we're not allowed to jump on furniture and I told him he was correct. Then he asked, "But isn't the trampoline furniture?" So I explained that it's equipment designed only for jumping and that was appropriate use of it. The rest of the furniture was not.
Thursday evening we let him play a video game. Daddy mowed the lawn and I had to finish some work. When he was tired of playing Mario Kart, he called to me asking for help. My response was "hold on just a minute." He waited a few seconds before saying, "Mommmmieeeee, you're wasting time! You're wasting time Mom!" (He's heard me tell him that he's wasting his play time when he's standing around waiting for me to finish my own project rather than starting to play without me.)
Friday morning we had appointments with Adam Roberts. He really hoped that he could go alone. I told him that I probably had to come with him, but I'd ask. Sure enough, Adam can't legally see children without parents in the room. Andrew was really disappointed and acted all bashful and almost upset with Adam. He was cool about it though and told Andrew that he needed some help. He pulled out two oils and asked him to smell them and tell him which one smelled better. Andrew perked right up, ready to be helpful, and was happy after that.
Andrew liked Bergamot the most. Adam said, "Do you know about Italy? Have you learned about countries?" Andrew said, "I know about countries! I've been to Splash Country at Dollywood!" We both got a good laugh out of that and thought it was a brilliant response.
Saturday we went to help a friend move. Andrew excitedly told him, "We're moving someone else in August! We're moving Annelise!" Our friend asked, "Is she cute?" Andrew said, "Yeah.. but that's beside the point." He's hilarious.
In the evening I hosted a Glamour Girl party. When I was putting makeup on one friend he begged, "I want to paint Linda! Can I paint Linda too?" Later he told her how beautiful she was.
Sunday we had a double going-away party. He had a BLAST with all the kids in the pool with him. Lots of splashing. There were some girls lined up on the side of the pool and Ted told him to splash them by jumping in. He smiled, said, "Okay!" and leaped in. After that - he was fine jumping in all by himself (with his life jacket on) over and over and over. Later in the evening he'd hold his breathe and put his face under the water and try to swim on top. He was very proud of his efforts (as were we)
Tuesday, June 18, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment