Thursday, October 20, 2011

"Mmmmm... Tastes a good!"

He calls Ketchup "chaput"

When he tries to say "Hasta Manana" it comes out more like Ostah Nanannan 

If you ask him to count something.. he just casually says, "One Two Three Six" for everything. Its rare that he'll actually sit and count for us anymore. But - all on his own, you'll hear him count to 20 just fine.

I love hearing him sing the alphabet. He knows most of a bunch of songs too... Itsy Bitsy Spider, Row Your Boat, Head Shoulders Knees Toes, .. I know there are more but I can't think.

He LOVES Thomas the Train. I had looked at all the train stuff in the Target toys department and got too overwhelmed because I didn't know what anything was, and there were so many different sets. Nana was able to make sense of it all and found the sets that have tracks that can fold up nicely, and stay put together, called Take-n-Play. You just unfold the track and play. Genius! That we could do! I compared the prices online and they were cheaper at the store (on sale!!) so we got two of the smallest tracks. One has a tunnel and came with Thomas, and the other has an "engine wash" and came with Percy. He thinks they're both great and loves having the two trains. We figured we'd wait until he started getting bored with those two tracks before splurging on another one.

Firetrucks and Trains seem to hold equal fascination. He has a little matchbox car fire engine - and it rides nicely on his Thomas the Train tracks! 

We've started a sticker reward chart for going potty. He gets excited to pick a sticker and put it on the
"Fire Truck" chart or his Train Potty chart. He still won't tell us when he needs to go - but I can just annouce that it's time to go potty and he complies with no problems. Not sure what it's gonna take to get him to tell us!

He brought me the family album book with last year's pictures in it. After naming everyone, and each dog throughout the book, he came back to a picture of Papa, pointed to him and said, "stash." He was talking about his mustache!

He likes to talk about the waterfall painting when we're in the bathroom. For some reason, though, he thinks it is at Nana's house. Wouldn't that be awesome!

Whenever he is hungry and I am not making breakfast or dinner fast enough, he gets the box of dry oatmeal out, gets a spoon out of the drawer, and sits down in the middle of the kitchen floor to eat the dry oatmeal.

Several months ago I bought Gummy Vites that look like gummy bears and Gummy Omega 3's that are in the shape of stars and fish. The very first bite he got was a star. So now he refers to them  all as Yummy Stars.  Every day he asks for them; I think it's cute that he's so excited to "pick" them out of the jar himself.

Thursday, October 20th, Andrew got his first pomegranate experience. Ted told him that the pips were like little red bugs. I ask him later "what are you eating?" He says, "bugs! mmmmm, tastes a good!"  I hope this doesn't begin a taste test of actual bugs outside!

1 comment:

  1. That would be awesome to have that waterfall on the farm! I agree with the bug assessment...but since he seems to be afraid of the real bugs, I can't see him tasting them any time soon! Hope not, anyway.

    ReplyDelete