Just a day or two after my last post, Andrew was counting to twenty! He learned that quickly.
When he wants something you have, he points to it and says, "some?" because he wants some! I hadn't realized just how much we put the word 'some' before the object.. 'do you want some ketchup' instead of 'do you want ketchup?'
He really loves to rough-house. You can't sit on the floor without being jumped on. I was sitting on the floor the other day and he literally started throwing himself at my back. He wasn't grabbing and holding on - just slamming his body into mine. Then I started grabbing him and throwing him over my shoulder and gently onto the floor. Sometimes, you don't even have to be on the floor! You can be sitting on the couch and he'll climb up and then jump in the air and land on you. He doesn't seem to get hurt - but we're getting beat up.
He is really good at jumping. Apparently at this age when they jump off of something, it's usually one foot forward and the other follows. They have to have really good coordination to jump with both feet and land. So I guess Andrew has really good coordination. He will take a flying leap off of something into your arms.. over and over and over again! But some things, like the couch or a short stool in my studio, he doesn't hold on to anything and just leaps off onto the floor. He loves it!
At Kingdom Hall, when someone gives a demonstration and we all clap... Andrew claps and also yells really loudly and enthusiastically, "Yeay!!! Yeay!!!"
I was looking for the family dvd I made for Meemaw and Bebops anniversary a couple of years ago. I couldn't find it, but I stumbled on the dvd of Andrew's first year that I made. Now when I ask him what video he wants to watch, he says, "Andew" but he doesn't like watching the first six months of it. I guess he doesn't recognize the baby as being himself.
For about a week or two, he rediscovered Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwiches. He'd ask for "butter" for lunch. He wouldn't eat turkey, cheese, and veggies unless you bribed him with bites of pickle too. He'd even eat a PB&J and a pickle. lol He LOVES dill pickles.
He is also rediscovering frozen blueberries. I think he had forgotten about them. For a while he was eating them every day but we went a few months without doing that. He just recently started asking for them again. Oh, and he eats yogurt almost every day. His favorite flavor is pineapple! Second favorite is peach.
Wednesday night, the 10th, it was just a few minutes before the meeting was due to start. Andrew got on the step below the stage, and standing just off center in the middle he puts his hands together and yells "Hey friends!" No one responded so he yelled again, "Hey Friends!" ... just as if he was trying to get the meeting started!! I guess he's caught on that the brother starting the meeting often says, "Good Evening Friends." Then during the meeting he sees Nick Milke on stage and points and repeats 'Nick. Nick. Nick.' then turns and points to the row behind us where Nick's mom and sister were sitting and says, "Joy. Lauren." Before the meeting started he was calling the Perry kids by their name too. It impresses me how many names he keeps straight.
He still amazes me at how he remembers stuff like that. I went in to get him out of his bed earlier this week and he heard Flash cry and sit down outside the door. He says, "Kitty.. cat" and I said, "Yes. Do you remember the kitty cat's name?" And he paused and said, "Tucker." Tucker?? He never even met Tucker! But apparently Nana talked about Tucker recently. He points to pictures in his baby book or even my family album and remembers everyone's name, and there are a lot of people to remember!
I don't have any new pictures this week. It wasn't for a lack of *his* trying though. I had a session Wednesday morning that was scheduled earlier than Nana's arrival time. So for the first 25 minutes Andrew was wanting to be in the studio with us. There were two girls, one his age and one two years older. Every time I asked the younger girl to do something, Andrew did it instead. And then he got up and started jumping up and down - so the two girls started jumping up and down. That really wasn't what I was trying to accomplish with them.. so I was very glad to see Nana!
There is a new kids playhouse in town called Storybook Village. It has lots of toys to play with... train tables, blocks, hot wheels and tracks, a big structure to climb up and slide down as well as two small ones, dress up costumes and a theater stage, a train the tots can ride on, a sandbox with seeds instead of sand, an arts and crafts section, and also a big playhouse with a kitchen, lots of fake food, dolls, etc. Of course Andrew loves pretending to eat the food and opening and closing the fridge.. and vacuuming.. and sweeping. lol He also likes the hotwheels tracks and the big size hot wheel tricycles he can ride. He can only reach the pedals on one of those but he doesn't have the concept down of how to use them yet. I'm glad there is a place like this nearby - Andrew enjoys it and it's good for him to be around other children he has to share toys with.
He often asks to go to the park. It's been too hot lately during the day and we've only gone a couple of times early in the morning or late in the evening. However, if I tell him no we can't go to the park, he asks to get in the pool. If I say no to that, he asks if he can just go outside. Poor kid gets so bored inside with his toys and books.
He has a good memory of events. I dont remember what we were doing but he was saying no to a bunch of things. I jokingly asked him at one point if he wants to paint his toe nails. He said yes. When we finished what we were doing he ran to the back door and was talking about painting. It took me a minute to figure it out - but that is where we had done the foot and finger painting several weeks ago!
We have gone backwards in potty training. I am not forcing it on him.. we did for a couple of weeks and I think it did help him, but then he changed his demeanor when it came to going potty. So, I backed off and just ask him periodically if he can go on the potty for me. Most of the time he says no, with the occasional yes. At Kingdom Hall, however, he'll ask to go potty. So I recently decided if he's not going to tell me at home, he's not going to get to go at the Hall. I know he's just using it as a ploy to get up so I'm not giving in even if its for the potty.
I've been adding vidalia onions to dinner a lot lately. When I was peeling one he was anxiously kept asking for a bite. So I finally cut it open and let him have a slice. He kept coming back for more!
He also asks for pieces of ice frequently.. loves to eat ice and make a mess with it.
Earlier today I was making some blueberry muffins and he was eating yogurt at his table. He came over and got another spoon out of the drawer. A few minutes later he's trying to open that drawer again (I was in the way) and I look down and he's got a spoon with yogurt all over it and trying to put it back! I told him it goes in the sink. He looked at it and said, "sink?" I said yes it goes in the sink because it's dirty now. He told me no. He wanted to put it back where he got it so I had to take it from him myself, and then clean up the trail of yogurt blobs he made. lol
He picked up a small camera the other day, pointed it at me and said, "smile!" SO cute!
Oh wait... I do have new pictures. From a couple of weeks ago I think. Ted and Andrew were watering the trees and I grabbed the camera.
Thursday, August 11, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









No comments:
Post a Comment