Ted is getting himself ready for work: Andrew gets his notebook and is busy pulling out paper from the pockets. Ted comes in and says, "Andrew?! What are you doing?" Without a second thought or a word, Andrew puts it all back as fast as he can and quickly walks away without ever looking at Ted.
In the morning, Andrew wants to play in his crib for a while before getting down. I think it started as a ploy to hopefully avoid having to use the potty. The other day I got him out and in a panicky voice he tells me "No! Bed!!" and is frantically trying to get back in his crib. He stays in there and asks for books or toys to play with and is satisfied for a good 10-20 minutes before he's ready to get out and start the day.
It seems like I just bought him a bunch of new shoes in late April or early May.. and he's already outgrown some of them. All of his "old shoes" that he's been wearing are mostly size 6-7. He's in a size 8 now. He also grew just over one inch in the past two months.
He's very interested in learning Spanish. He asks for the Muzzy video but doesn't want it in English. He sits and repeats all the numbers in Spanish and some of the words too. I think it's neat.
I went to get him from his nap and decided to get a few pictures of him in the crib still. He's so big compared to the first time he slept in it! But then he was ready to get out and I asked him if he could do it himself. I'm sure he could if he put his mind to it.. but I was surprised how far he got before decided to get help. He was straddling the rail!
Definitely a change from when he was one month old in the crib:
I gave Andrew an old point-and-shoot camera to have as his own. He successfully took a good picture. Of a toy truck sitting on the table in front of him. The rest have fingers in the way or are of the wall or ceiling.
We did a painting project together on Wednesday. I got a couple of footprints and handprints and let him fingerpaint. He was done after two paintings and wanted to do something else. This is using his footprint to make a bee.
Wednesday night he learned the word "Psalms" when I showed him where we were in the Bible, pointing out the book, the chapter, and the verse. Of course, from then on had to repeat it every single time he heard it. This was during the Bible Highlights when every comment was "I appreciated Psalm xx" I thought I was going to go crazy trying to get him to be quiet. Then he repeated Jehovah every time he heard it.. then it was God. I was having a chemical reaction and about to lose my mind. I decided to leave at the half. Andrew heard the brother say we'd sing, leaped out of his chair ready to sing, and was getting frustrated that I hadn't given him his songbook and everyone else was singing. I felt bad for him, but we had to leave.
Yesterday too he saw me going potty and got interested. I asked him if he wanted to go potty and he said yes. So I put his original potty seat on and he went and all was well. Later, he said he needed to go potty and came to get me - he had put the potty seat on himself - upside down!
Today, he wanted to put the stuffed duck on the potty. Knowing it would only end up IN the potty, I told him he can't put the duck on the toilet. A few minutes later I hear the lid to the toilet seat go up. I ran to the bathroom - he was saying "potty" over and over again while trying to get his nice potty seat in place. Its too hard for him to do - and unfortunately, he couldn't hold his poop in long enough for me to get it on either, but he still went pee once he was on. I was so proud that he was trying though! Most of the time he really doesn't want to sit on any potty, and I've backed off a bit in making him. So these past two days I see as progress that he is gaining interest on his own.
Andrew is in a phase of hanging on things (like the bars at the playground) and hangs on the dining table and on my desk. Nana told me that he also has started climbing the refrigerator. He was holding on and had both feet off the ground, on the doors of the fridge.
He can count really well.. today he counted to "five-teen"
He got his first burn on his finger from the stove. I was making macaroni and cheese from scratch and he came over and saw the steam from the boiling broth and noodles and said,"hot!" I agreed. But then all of a sudden he got upset and was holding his finger so all I could assume is he reached up and touched the burner! He has a little blister on his finger. I had Ted put colloidal silver and manuka honey on it with a bandaid. He didn't like having the bandaid on his finger, but he was good at leaving it on.
Oh.. and Aunt Eese... Andrew LOVES to dance, just like you do! We got one Thursday night of Andrew pressing a button to hear music and then dancing.. it's a full 5 minutes long. I'll spare that, but here is a taste of two others Nana got.
Andrew was jumping from one side of the couch to the other and doing a faceplant into the side each time. He stopped when I got the camera out. Then he'd only do it once and then ask to see the picture. In this video, you'll hear him say 'camera'
Here he is saying "picture"
Thursday, July 21, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

The Dancing is cute...but I sure got weary of that same little tune over and over and over. I notice that he knows exactly which button plays which music.
ReplyDeleteThe jumping on the couch alarmed me some yesterday...and sure enough, he whacked his head on the TV table, knocking the table down and hurting his forehead. I rarely see him cry, but that one hurt.
Love his expressions on the crib climbing pics!