Monday, April 11, 2011

Band-aids and Berries

  Wednesday night Ted had to leave and get some eye drops for his eyes. So I put Andrew on the outside isle seat. He promptly steals my lesson book, and then starts swaying from side to side and singing!  I think I neglected to mention that at the assembly, he wanted his own songbook and would stand on his own swaying from side to side singing with us. He's so adorable.

  After the meeting, Ted got Andrew into his jammies and I got a bottle ready. I was still putting my own clothes away when Ted moved the bottle onto the table in Andrews room. I saw Andrew go into his room, but he was awfully quiet. I said, "Is Andrew in there drinking his milk?" and I raced around the corner to find him.. sure enough... sitting in the rocker and chugging his milk. SO CUTE!  He had a look on his face like he wasn't sure if he was caught doing something he wasn't supposed to and couldn't read my face to find out if he was in trouble or not. He started to get down and I just scooped him up and sat down in the chair and cuddled him close and kissed his head like I usually do. It was just so cute to see him sitting in this huge chair drinking his milk like he was going to put himself to bed.

  Andrew is officially roughed up. He fell in the driveway recently and skinned his right knee pretty badly. He never cried, but whined. We went in and washed it and I put manuka honey on it a few times. Well Saturday, while I was gone on a photoshoot, he skinned his other knee (not too bad), took a chunk out of his pinky knuckle, and had scrapes all over his legs. All from "just playing in the yard and driveway."  Later in the day we were running errands, and he tripped in the Kroger parking lot and took a chunk out of his badly skinned knee. *sigh* It looked so awful my stomach ached every time I looked at it. We got cleaned up and put honey and a bandaid on it when we got home. 

  He can do something I dont think I've ever been able to do. While wiggling his toes, he can put down all of his toes except for his big toe! I can't figure that one out.

  I let him eat his oatmeal with a spoon all by himself the other day. I held the bowl and he scooped up his oatmeal and ate it. He spilled it I think three times but thats not bad at all.  He is also slowly getting the hang of the sippy cup with a straw. He has always tried to tip it up and would get mad when I tried to tip the bottom back down. I took it apart and explained it to him and how it works - and he started to try without getting mad at me for helping.

  Saturday it was really hot outside.. 86 degrees and sunny. After we got home from errands I suggest we put out his little splash pad and let him play in the water. I stripped him naked and he came out on the deck. I look up at him and see him peeing on the deck - then he leans over and splashes the puddle he made. When I invited him down to play in the water, his face lit up and he couldnt come down The steps fast enough. He LOVED it. He kept trying to drink out of the sprinklers, and running through the whole thing, splashing from the side... he was so happy. 

   We were in my office and I had brought in sand on my shoes from a photoshoot at the park. Both of us were getting sand stuck to the bottoms of our feet. I stood up and walked toward the doorway and said, "we need to find the vacuum."  Andrew, without a second of hesitation, threw the toy he had in his hand off to the side and ran after me. Naturally, he took over the vacuuming too!

Sunday afternoon, he let himself outside since the back door wasnt latched. He was still in his meeting clothes. So I followed and stripped him down but let him stay and play.  He went over to the fence line... and peed.  About twenty minutes later, he came in, got his guitar and took it outside. A bit later Ted comes in and asks for a small towel. I see him holding a wet guitar. I asked him if Andrew put his guitar on his splash pad. He said, "No. He peed on it. And then he blew bubbles in the pee with his mouth."  LOL

  Here are some pictures of Andrew sneaking into my desk chair last Thursday. His little fingers were furiously chicken pecking my keyboard when I first saw him. Once I pulled the camera out, he was definitely being more careful. I'm sure he couldn't believe that I was letting him touch my mouse and keyboard without him getting in trouble! But it was so cute seeing him in my chair. Notice his feet in the last picture.






This is Andrew feeding himself frozen blueberries on Saturday morning:




Video of Andrew blowing raspberries on the bathtub:

1 comment: