That's quoting an old tv show Alf.
He still loves the word Gorilla, and now if you ask him to be a gorilla he bangs his chest with his fists and grunts. Hilarious.
He cracks himself up which just makes it all the more funny. I love his sense of humor. Sometimes he'll be sitting in his high chair eating, and all of a sudden cock his head, tighten his jaw and show his teeth - it's like his face froze. He holds it there for a few seconds and then relaxes and laughs. Then does it again and again. I dont know if he's making a cold face, a scary face, or what.. but its funny.
He also randomly makes noises with his lips, his tongue, or verbally. Sometimes I can identify the animal sound he's making, and other times he's just experimenting with sound. The other day we were in the car and he started imitating Ted's version of a duck quacking. So cute.. I got it on video.
Andrew wants to help - whatever you are doing - he wants to help you. He's happy to brush your hair, flush the toilet, turn on the water, hand you the socks for his feet. He holds his foot up in the air, grunting with the effort involved, as you try to get his shoe on. He helps undress, he helps put his coat on. He likes to help you hold the fork, although he'd prefer to do that alone. He will even on occasion help put his toys away. But what do you think his favorite helping activity is? Vacuuming! Even while it is on, he likes to push it back and forth across the floor like his mommy. I have video of that too!
His favorite place to play is my studio. He climbs in and out of the kid chairs, pushes the Tonka trucks around, pulls the feather boas around like a pull toy, throws balls, drums on the pillars and benches, picks flowers, talks about the umbrellas and lights, and his favorite: plays peek-a-boo around the backdrops. He would probably spend all day in there if I'd stick around too. I had a couple of weeks with no photoshoots or reschedules so Ted moved all his big toys out of the living room and into the studio. That was nice!
Wednesday morning of February 2nd he was crying early in the morning. It was before 5a.m. His room seemed too warm so I decided to change him into cooler footless pajamas and put him back to sleep with a bottle. I didn't turn the lights on and I was changing him in my lap so that he wouldn't flip out on the changing table. I got his shirt on him and was about to get his pants on. Well, since it was dark, I didn't see to dodge anything and he poked me hard in the right eye. It burned like you wouldn't believe and I couldn't keep my eye open. I calmly finish getting him changed, and get him back in bed.. but I just want to cry over my eye. I went to the bathroom and turned on the light to see if something was in my eye. The light was torture and I couldn't see anything so I went back to bed. Not that I could sleep well. By the time Ted was getting ready for work, I realized that something was obviously wrong with my eye. The pain was intense, light made it worse, I couldn't even keep my eye open and it was watering like a leaky hose. I told Ted I was going to need help and before I even threw out the ideas of calling friends to watch Andrew and drive me to the eye doctor - Ted said he'd stay home. The doctors office didn't open until 8:30, but they called before then and said to come at 8:30 and they'd see me right away. Turns out, I had a 4-5mm cut in my eye. They put a bandaid contact in my eye to allow it to heal and I had to wear dark sunglasses when I was awake, but it was suggested I go to bed and let my eyes rest. I still had a lot of pain throughout Wednesday. Thursday it was okay but my vision was still blurred and my eye was still very irritated. Friday I was doing much better. I went to the doctor and he took my contact out and said it was 95% healed but I still needed to protect it. What an adventure that was. Though for those couple of days, I found myself avoiding getting my face close to Andrew. Then the chemicals they put in my eye at the doctor's office and the propylene glycol drops they gave me after just about killed me. Sunday I was in so much pain and the other physical turmoil lasted six more days! I really hope Andrew doesn't have sensitivities like me.
LOL A few days ago, Andrew was grunting a little bit like he was pooping or lifting something too heavy..... I turn around and look and he immediately shakes his head no. I didn't even ask!! I assumed that meant he was pooping and did not want to use the potty. lol (and yes, that is what happened.)
He says goodbye to the water going down the drain in the tub.
We no longer use the changing pad on the dresser. He went through a period where he'd totally freak out, and one time took a nose dive off of it. I caught him by his ankles and he didn't get hurt. It just seems easier to battle him on the floor now if he's going to fight me. Lately I've even been changing his diaper or getting his pj's on him while he's watching his video before nap or bed. No battle then!
He's been chewing on a finger (and anything else he can find) a lot lately and yesterday had some drool with it so I'm guessing a molar is slowly working its way through. This morning I dug the Sophie Teething Giraffe out from the bottom of the toy box and gave it to him. He doesn't seem to understand that its specifically to chew on - but he thinks its hilarious that it squeaks when he squeezes the giraffe's neck hard. He sat on the floor for a couple of minutes just squeezing, hearing the squeak, and laughing at it.
He knows a lot of signs already. I'm getting better at figuring them out.
a really bad quality video of Andrew playing the piano a little bit. I pushed the step stool up to the piano so he could stand taller.
Somewhere between my last post and this one we had snow. Andrew likes to eat the snow. Even after most of it melted and it was pretty much only in the shade, he'd walk over, grab two fist fulls and walk around and just pop some snow in his mouth.
We are finally getting a bout of warm weather too. In the 50's and 60's this week. A couple of days we just put a sweater on him and were able to run around outside. I guess we need to look into getting a swing set or something outside so he has more to do than run and touch trees.
Tuesday, February 15, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment