and just go ahead and have all our teeth. Seriously?! The pediatrician said he wouldn't get any more teeth until he's two. Uhm.. wrong! He cut both of his two-year molars on top this week. We all questioned whether he was teething or not since he had a little bit of drool and was chewing on things more. So Andrew has 18 teeth now. Two to go and he's done until they start getting replaced with permanent teeth!
He also started to try and run without holding on to anything this week. He's tried a few times - and successfully I might add, although it wasn't for very far. I dont think I've seen him crawl but maybe once or twice for just a few steps worth.
His feet barely fit into the size 4 shoes he has right now, but since the weather is colder I have been putting his shoes one when we go out. Daddy needed new shoes so we went to Rack Room Shoes to find some in town. I let Andrew walk around and I followed him. He was so cute. He walked in an out of the isle going from the hardwood floor to the carpet and back again. They have a big orange square painted on their floor that has BO above GO (for buy one get one) and he kept stopping to point to the word "GO". Then he found a box of shoes that said Astro Dog or something Dog on it.. and he stopped to show me the word "Dog." I'm impressed with how perceptive he is at finding familiar words. He kept on walking and would stop and dance to the music playing too. He was really good at not touching everything.
We then headed over to Electronics Express to drool over wide screen tvs that Ted has been dreaming of. I let Andrew get down and walk around.. he ran a few times, walked in circles a few times, stopped and danced a few times. Never once tried to touch anything which I find amazing. He is such a good little boy! Just so happy and content. He then started signing for milk so I knew it was time to head home and get a snack and head for bed.
Today was the first time at the meeting that he wandered throughout the hall all by himself. He didn't seem to notice that I wasn't following him. Of course, at one point I had to run to catch up - I thought for sure he'd turn around at the end of the auditorium and come back to me. (I was standing in the front of the hall by the stage, and he took off for the back where the entrance is.) The first time he made a full loop, but the second time he headed for the main doors and was going to go outside. Didn't even phase him that I wasn't with him. Someone told me this is the beginning of a 3 year chase. Always chasing him trying to keep up with whatever mischief they'll find.
He also seemed to realize today during the Watchtower lesson that he was the only person around without one. You should have seen it. He looked at mine, looked at Ted's, sat up straight in his seat and looked at the brother reading the lesson and almost had a reaction of 'hey!! Where is MINE?!' He tried to take Ted's from him. He wasn't particularly interested in his own books after that. I was kind of hoping he wouldn't have that revelation for a couple of more years, but why should I be surprised that it happened today - he seems so much older than he is anyway. We have to remind ourselves of that sometimes.. he's only one!
And today at the meeting, someone made a comment that made the congregation chuckle.. and that is one of Andrew's things - to laugh as if he's in the conversation. So he starts laughing and the whole hall hears it. He's so funny. But it shows you that he's listening to what is going on around him... he's not lost in his own world. He claps when everyone claps, he laughs when everyone laughs. He loves it when everyone starts singing.
He did stretch to try and reach the fire alarm twice today. So glad he's too short for that! But oh boy - when he is tall enough, I hope he can resist the temptation!
He comes into our bathroom now to shop for my hair brush. He picked it up off the counter a couple of days ago. I told him what it was and he immediately put it to the top of his head. I showed him how to use it and then let him brush my hair too. That is his new favorite thing in our bathroom... my hair brush. He comes shopping for it... gets on his tippy toes to peer over the counter and touch everything until he finds the brush.
Oh.. Ted does a really good impression of an elephant. I can't do it. But Andrew tries! He purses his lips together and tries to make the same sound Ted does. And if he feels like it wasn't good enough - he just hums a high pitch noise that imitates the same inflections of Ted's elephant tones.
I also have a noisemaker toy (for my studio) that is an elephant. You press the button on the foot and it plays the music of 'Tequila'. Andrew gets a kick out of it. He brought it into the house recently from the studio... and has finally figured out how to turn it on by himself. He knew to press the red button, but he wasn't pushing it hard enough.. but he does now! Just took him a good day to get the hang of it.
Sunday, November 7, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Got to chat with a couple of friends from ASL cong. today. Told them of our Andrew using his signs and how we are learning more to keep up with him. they said a one yr old can use as many as 60 sign words (if we remembered that right. Andrew is doing SO much learning.
ReplyDeleteI find it interesting that when you say words for him, he is looking at your mouth as if to figure out HOW to make the word. He is really trying to use words! I love his reading...though I confess, I am pretty tired of "Go,Dog! Go!" and "But not the Hippopotamus" and a few other favorite titles. We read them, at Andrew's insistence, mulitiple times each day.
These accounts make me laugh out loud. He's so awesome. :)
ReplyDelete(Just like his parents!)