Friday we all took off work and went down to Chattanooga to visit the aquarium. It was very overwhelming as there were also many bus loads of kids there who were loud. We had a very nice time anyway and Andrew seemed to enjoy seeing the fish and especially be able to just get down and walk! It seemed to be a decent distraction to teething as well. I have a really hard time giving him Motrin when I know it has harmful junk in it - but all the teething tablets that worked have been recalled for an imbalance in one of the ingredients - so I dont have a choice since it does give him relief. But distractions are good too, though we still needed the Motrin to keep him happy. Here are my favorite pictures from the aquarium:
On another note... last saturday Ted and I both saw his new molars coming in. The ones that aren't supposed to come in until he's at least two. This teething experience has been awful. Andrew has been whiny and irritable and tired. Well today, when I got a good look in his mouth.. they were GONE! Gone?!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!!! We've gone through all of this for the teeth to go away?!! They'd better come back through fast when they decide to come in. I can only browse through random stores as a distraction so many times. Although, today Kroger didn't seem like a good distraction. He didn't want to hold my hand to walk and got mad if I picked him up to move him along. He didn't want to be held either. Didn't want to ride in the shopping cart. We couldn't win tonight.
I also think Andrew has made some interesting word associations that he signs for as well. For example.. "change." I have only used it with him for a diaper change, but I've noticed that he has started signing "change" when he just wants something different. For example, when he is in the stroller and he wants to walk. Or he is offered one food but wants a different food.
Another one he does is "done" or "all finished." We really only needed to use it when we were referring to his being finished eating. I think it spilled over into other things here and there on occasion... but he is now signing 'all done' at the end of books too.
I was playing on the floor with him this morning before I had to leave for my photoshoot, and I asked him if I could have a hug. He came over to me, put his arms around me and rested his head on my shoulder. How sweet is that?
Ted has taught Andrew more animal sounds. Ted does a really good impression of an elephant and Andrew is getting better at his attempts to imitate him. I certainly dont come close. He also does a mouse - with almost no noise he does something with his teeth and lips like his daddy does. He roars like a tiger, growls for a bear. I've heard him cluck for a chicken but only twice. I've heard him say "Duck.. quack" once. He will moo for a cow again. He makes his own conceived tractor noise. He is working on a monkey sound.
He finally outgrew his size 4 shoes. It didn't seem like he was in them very long.. but there is no getting his foot into them anymore. So I guess he's in 4.5 now.. not really sure.
He loves being outside wandering around and picking up leaves. Walking up and down the sidewalk.
Andrew is still obsessed with books. If he cries - show him a book. He still loves "But Not the Hippopotamus" and "Go, Dog. Go!" and a book of Colors. He is starting to pull out "Row Row Row Your Boat" often, and "Muddy Puddle." "Ten Little Ladybugs" and "Eight Silly Monkeys" and a Farm book that has baby animals in it. Sometimes he still brings me "Moo, Baa, La La La" but not as often as he used to. I'm sure there are more, but ALL day long if he is home, he is bringing you a book to read. I am curious what he would do if I hid all his books just for a day.
Saturday, November 13, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Sweet, indeed! What a sweetie pie this little man is!
ReplyDeleteThe only thing I can think of to add re: aquarium was how much Andrew seemed to enjoy the elevator. He was on his feet, not in the stroller. Later, when he first went into the "shark cage" I think he expected it to move like the elevator...then he just enjoyed drumming his hands all over the floor! It made great drum noises.
Speaking of noise, the big kids really did make for a noisy experience for our little one. It was pretty distracting for him.
:)
ReplyDelete