We survived Andrew's first fever episode. He was burning hot last night. At first I thought he was just hot because he'd had a screaming episode while Ted and I took the pool cover off last night. But a couple of hours later he was still hot so I took his temperature and it was 101.3. He hadn't eaten well all day either, and for the first two hours of bedtime he wasn't sleeping soundly. I think it was around 10pm we tried to get him to eat a little more, changed him into more comfy pjs that had been in the washer when we put him to bed, and then sat with him a little bit to make sure he'd settle into sleep. He wasn't rolling around in bed like he usually does, but he was whimpering.
Neither of us got good sleep. I had our fan set to low just to have some background static, but I wanted to make sure I could hear any little whimper Andrew made just in case it sounded off. He cried at 1am but stopped by the time either of us could drag our feet out of bed. Ted went and checked on him and he was still hot, but he was asleep. This morning his temperature was 99.7 at 7:30 when he got up. His body felt okay, but his head felt hot to the touch.
He slowly made his way through a bottle and then I put him in the stroller and went for a walk. He seemed to enjoy it. Afterward I checked his temperature and it finally came down to normal again. Yeay! I'm hoping it's just from teething. Although he did lick the shopping cart handle at Goodwill of all places yesterday.. ick!
Either way, I think he's better. He's tired, and a little clingy.. but I think it will get better. Grandma comes into town later today, so hopefully he'll be agreeable and rested by then.
On a lighter note.. Andrew is moving his way into 12 month clothes. The 9 months are looking a little short now. Some of the 12 month pants are already too short, and some are just right. I picked up a pair of 18 month size jammies at Goodwill yesterday even though they are a style I dislike. They are just a tad too long, but thats better than the toe crushing ones he's been wearing!
I have a video of him jumping in his jumperoo from the other day, but I need to try and catch a nap while he's down. Just thought I'd post on our overnight adventure of anxiety.
Friday, May 14, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Awww, poor sweeties! Hope it's just from teething! Hugs & kisses from Aunt Eese.
ReplyDelete