May 22nd - the Waggoners came over again to play Rock Band. Andrew was frustrated, even in no-fail mode, that he couldn't get all the notes right on the guitar or drums. He loved singing though - especially Eye of the Tiger. And when all else fails - he dresses up as a super hero and runs around engaging anyone who will play.
May 25th we went to Elitch Gardens Amusement Park. Andrew actually wanted to ride one called the sling shot. He and daddy got strapped into a round cage of sorts and then cables are pulled taut and then they are shot waaaay high, it bounces and spins, and then when it settles they are lowered back down to the ground. Andrew never even screamed. He stayed calm and collected. Daddy yelled excitedly to him, "Are you having fun, bro?" Andrew calmly replied, "Yes. I'm having fun."
He rode all the kiddie rides by himself by choice. The main thing he wanted to do is go into the tower with all the foam balls (like at Fun City) but I told him we could do that another day when daddy wasn't along (thinking they'd like to ride rides together.) They found a log ride they could do together. Ted actually had to hold Andrew down in his seat because the lap bar didn't come close to Andrew. They sat in the front. Andrew loved that. They didn't make it back over the bridge in time and got soaked by the next boat coming down, but they loved it. It started to storm shortly after, and it was 4pm anyway so we headed out.
May 26th was Field Day at school. Because of the month of rain we'd had, they held it inside for the first time ever. It was chaotic - but Andrew and his partner ran around doing as many activities as they could and seemed to have some fun.
That night we had our circuit overseer. During his talk he mentioned how our worst day ever can only last 24 hours. It does come to an end. Andrew was on my lap and said, "Mine never ends! Every day is bad!" Poor kid. lol. Last week he did get in trouble apparently for talking at school twice and had some of his recess taken away, he didn't get recess one day later in the week because he didn't turn in Math homework (which never came home with us and I had written a note to the teacher on Monday saying that), kids had been making fun of him at school calling him names and teasing him that he eats 'baby food' from those squeezy pouches (no different than apple sauce!) and someone had pushed him and made him get hurt. It had been a tough week.
On the 27th he got to go to the zoo with his school. He said he enjoyed it but he didn't tell me much about it. We picked up Kevin after school and hung out at the park for a while. They played Frisbee, kicked a ball around, climbed the tree, and played on the playground until I was ready to go home and start dinner.
May 28th was finally the last day of school! He said the best thing about it was "getting out at 1:30 instead of 3:30" and that they got more recess. I had a chiropractic visit right after school, and Wasabi's Sushi Bar was next door. So we surprised him and took him for sushi. I ordered a fried Philly for him. "I don't like this ham," he said. "It's not ham, it's salmon," I replied. "Well I don't like this salmon." I suggested he eat it with the cream cheese. He ate his entire roll and made sure the entire roll was his and he didn't have to share it.
We went to Sports Authority so daddy could ask about snow boards. They both have season passes to Winter Park this year and apparently for kids you can rent all their gear for $70 for the season.
Andrew found the skateboards and tried riding one around the department. He is begging for a skateboard.
We went to the park on our way home for a while. The boys kicked the ball around a bit, played frisbee. Got the ball stuck in a tree which daddy had to climb to get. He tried doing chin ups on a tree branch after climbing to the top of the tree twice and back down. He showed daddy what a pro he is at the monkey bars. He just zips right across them like they are nothing!
He did try to negotiate his bedtime. "You know, I should be able to stay up later because I dont have school anymore." I told him that for this night, he still needed to go to bed and get proper rest and he'd be in trouble if we caught him up reading or playing.
Friday, May 29, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Takes after his dad with the athletic adventures!
ReplyDelete