Monday, April 20, 2015

Losing More Teeth

Wednesday April 8th, we were sitting in the car waiting for school to open. He showed me his wiggly tooth again and it sure seemed ready to me! I got a paper towel and tried to pull it but it wouldn't come. So we wiggled it a little bit more. I was certain it should come out though. I finally got the idea to pull it forward (which it did easily) and then pull.... it came right out! It bled a lot so Andrew went to class with a bloody paper towel shoved in his mouth. But he was so happy to have the tooth out.  The adult tooth had already grown in behind it!

Thursday the 9th, Andrew had an epic meltdown. I wont relate it all, but it did involve throwing his school stuff in the driveway and kicking his thermos at the garage door, and *screaming* at me so violently that even the dogs cowered at my feet and under my computer desk retreating from him. I didn't even know how to react - I just let it run it's course. I asked him why he was so angry and he said it was because I didn't help him (carry his backpack and lunchbox) but his anger had started well before that.  We're kind of wondering if it wasn't blood sugar. He did start eating a snack as soon as he got in the car, and he was already getting angry then - its a 4-5 minute drive home, then another 5-10 minutes of tantrum and then it was over. He was fine. I was fighting a migraine because of the stress of the situation and daddy took over for the rest of the evening. 

We were at the grocery store together and Andrew was picking out yogurts and stacking them in my arms. I asked, "do we have enough?" and he said, "let me  count! 1-2-3.. wait. We have three key lime, and two ____, 3+2 is five.  Then we have two of ____ so that makes seven. We have two ____ which is nine - so we need one more."     I asked, "Why do we need one more."   He replied, "Because I like things in even numbers."   I thought it was neat that he didn't just count them, but did actual addition by flavor.

He is LOVING having a tree in the yard that is easy to climb. He can get pretty high in it too.

Sunday the 12th he came inside and said, "So, I was throwing the hula hoop in the air and it happened to get in the tree. I threw my ball to get the hula hoop."  I looked outside and saw a hula hoop way high in a neighbors tree by our fence, and a ball a couple of feet below it. I used a long stick to try and get the ball but it fell into the neighbors yard. I couldn't get the hula hoop myself though.

The 13th, he came home with a bill from the Library.  A couple of weeks ago, while we were having family worship, Charlie chewed the edges of the borrowed book. Andrew was very concerned that he had to pay for the book himself. They wanted $18 for it.  I found it on Amazon for 7.05 so we're just replacing it instead.  


He's been begging to play the game Clue.  Finally on the 14th, daddy taught him how to play. He did win one round, but I guess he decided it's not quite as fun as he anticipated.

The 15th, I had a client come with her boys, 9 and 12.  The 9 year old played a game of Chess with Andrew while I was working. He was very impressed that a 5 year old knew how to play.  Then Andrew was telling everyone to" make sure you don't let your hands touch during a bars session  because it creates a circuit, and a circuit is very bad because it keeps mommy from being able to do her job." lol   At dinner, he asked me to feel how loose another tooth was. I said, "that's ready to come out!" I got a paper towel, tilted the tooth out as far as it'd easily go, then gave a good tug. He was so surprised!  It made eating dinner easier though - we were eating pizza. So he has lost 4 front bottom teeth so far... two just a week apart!

Andrew has been really good since his meltdown. Polite, mostly obedient. What we would expect from him really. He got sick over the weekend though. He got sick the last time we had specific hotdogs (jumbo Hebrew Nationals) too. He was vomiting and had diarrhea. 
Aunt Sandi and Uncle Rudy came by on the 18th with a new Lego set. Andrew is very pleased with it.
Sunday morning he woke up with an itchy rash on his face and pain/itching inside his ears. He was very tired all day. I did some FCT testing on him and made some remedies. He is a mess!
He got sick again Monday morning so stayed home from school and played with his blocks and Legos and read some books. We went through ten FCT remedies. He has two to take daily and then we'll repeat all of them in a week. Hopefully something clears up.

No comments:

Post a Comment