Sunday, February 15, 2015

Thank goodness the party was fun!

Last week, I was asked if I could superimpose photos of the Vaals into a photo of Paradise to give to them while Allison was in the hospital with encephalitis. I searched their facebook pages to come up with photos and got one of the Vaals, one of Patty and Ann Marie, and one of Mike on a motorcycle. It's all I could find that I could work with.  I found a nice photo of a paradisaic setting but it'd only make a bookmark really.  It came out well. Andrew looked at it and asked about it. I told him it was an idea of that family in Paradise.  He said, "But there won't be motorcycles in Paradise!" lol

Friday February 13th I had taken a nap in the afternoon. I had let Andrew play on my ipad I guess. When I got up, he excitedly told me, "Mom! I bought a bunch of new trucks in this game and I didn't even have to go to the app store!!"  He showed me a bunch of new trucks in a monster truck game. I wasn't sure what he meant by "bought" - if it was with coins you can earn and spend in a game, or if he really meant he made a purchase.  I messaged Ted about it and moved on. 
Saturday afternoon, we had house-showing and I let him have my ipad in the car. He continued to play some games once we got back inside. He comes to me to show me Dragon City and how to hatch more dinosaurs and new structures that were in his city. He was very pleased with it. He spent some earned gems on some new dinosaurs and as he tapped something else another window popped up saying he didn't have enough gems - but he could buy more for $4.99.  I grabbed the ipad and was yelling "no no no no no!"  I told him that was real money coming out of my bank account - and he cannot spend that. So I took the ipad and took it offline right at the same time that it died from low battery.  I plugged it in and left it.  We had to leave soon anyway.

On the way to a going-away party for Andrew, I hear Ted calling me. I check the message at the Funderbergs house.  Apparently... Andrew managed to spend over $200 in game purchases!! Ted was freaking out a little bit because it was on a card that he'd just used for the first time at an ATM machine to get money for his driver's license. He'd never used it in person before then, and suddenly over two days there these big purchases. I told him it was definitely Andrew. The friends said to call itunes and they would probably reduce or wipe out the purchases since it was a 5 year old and a first time mistake.  Whew - so glad they did!!
The going away party was very nice. Tonya Funderburg had a nice spread of healthy snacks, and several pizzas. The Arnolds, Chumleys, Pingles, and Laffertys joined us for a nice cozy evening. She had goodie bags for Andrew, Blake, and Sam.  Darth Vader body wash, glow sticks, silly putty, activity books and I'm not sure what else.  Andrew saw the body wash and said, "Mom - this is Darth Vader body wash. I don't want that!!"  lol  But Samantha did so she traded glow sticks for the body wash.

Sunday morning Andrew drew some pictures and thank you notes for the Funderburgs. He sealed them up in an envelope and then cut the address off of labels to use the little pictures as stickers.  I never got to see them, but later Tonya told me he wrote, "thank goodness the party was fun!" and drew a picture of her.  lol  She thought it was adorable.

No comments:

Post a Comment