Friday, June 13, 2014

Finger Snapping and Dog Rescuing

Friday night we got a call from the Big Fluffy Dog Rescue who asked if we could pick up a foster dog from a veterinary hospital in Bellevue. Daddy had to work (took Andrew with him) and all my friends were busy so Nana kindly came up here to help me get Hank, a beautiful Mastiff.  We put him in the back of the car and Nana got in the middle to hold his leash so I could close the door. He immediately jumped over the seats and tried to sit in Andrew's car seat to be with Nana. I moved the seat to give him more room. He was SO HAPPY to have someone to love on him and be next to him.
Hank was happy to have his own space and new bed at our house. He was happy to meet Ted. But as soon as Andrew came near, even gently and quietly, Hank hung his head and put his tail between his legs. We know he came from a bad hoarding case, but we don't know anything else.  So Andrew just had to keep his distance so that Hank could learn to trust him.  (it didn't take Hank more than a day to warm up to Andrew enough for us all to feel safe.)  He is SUCH a GOOD dog!   Andrew comes near him to try and pet him and softly says, "Hank, I love you. I love you Hank." 

Sunday night Andrew went over to the Vaal's house so I could have a quiet Monday morning to study before taking my state licensing exam.  He had a blast!  They made a pile of pillows in the living room and pretended it was a campfire. Then chased each other all around. Andrew figured out if he goes through the 'campfire' he could catch up to Cole faster.  Then they all started going through it, then jumping into it, etc.  Lots of wild and crazy!

Monday when I picked him up, the kids did not want to part. I'm glad they had fun together. He had his first summer violin lesson Monday evening and then we went to Mac's Grub Shak to celebrate my passing the exam. The Lavender's joined us and Andrew really enjoyed seeing them. He'd forgotten that he'd met them before and said, "Chloe, it was nice meeting you." and gave them all hugs goodbye.

Tuesday Andrew slept until 6:16am and came in "mommy, I'm sorry I slept late."  I told him he didn't and he said, "yes I did! I slept until 6:16. I'm sorry."  I told him I was proud of him for sleeping longer and that there is no set time that he has to get up in the summer. He should sleep until he wakes up and his body doesn't feel tired.
We've had rain EVERY day for several days. We managed to get outside and play before the rain set in Tuesday morning.  He wanted to race his bike against me running from the end of the driveway to daddy's garage.

"Mommy, why is daddy not home yet?"
- because it's only 7:30 in the morning.
"I'm sad that he has to work all day and all night."

Tapping on the end of a toy semi-trailer, "Mom! The lego guys aren't coming back out!"
"Daddy told you not to put legos in there anymore."
"but the Lego guys aren't legos!"
"yes they are"
"Huhh? Oh. I didn't know that."

Andrew was trying to make his own peanut butter jelly sandwich for breakfast Tuesday morning. The song "Somebody Like You" came on the cd player.  He was certain that it said something about easter eggs  (we debated it a month or two ago when he first heard the song.)  I could never figure out where he was hearing it.  I finally went and printed off the lyrics.  He sat down in his chair and listened as he followed along and discovered it really doesn't say easter eggs.. it says 'yesterdays'.  So that is now settled.

A young FedEx guy was coming to deliver a box to our door. Andrew says "Hey bro" all casually.

Tuesday night I went in to kiss Andrew goodnight. A few days ago daddy clamped a large blanket over the entire bed so Andrew has a tent. It's still there. Andrew wants hugs and kisses goodnight and asked to kiss me. I gave him my cheek.  "No, I want to kiss you on the lips."
Me: I dont want you to kiss me on the lips.
A: "Why not?"
Me: because it's yucky.
A: "My lips are?"
Me: everyone's
A: "everyone's but daddys?"
Me: even daddy's.
A:"but daddy kisses you on the lips."
Me: I know. It's still yucky. (big smile)  Andrew it's time to go to sleep now.
A: "can I show you my ABC's in sign language?" 
M: No. It's time to go to sleep.  (as I back my head out of the tent)
A: "But wait mom! I want to tell you something!" (he always wants to tell me something)
M: What do you want to tell me  (waiting outside the tent where he can't see me)
I can't even remember what he told me now.  We go through something like this nearly every night!

Andrew has officially learned to snap his fingers. He said Nana and Papa showed him how and he's been working on it.  Tuesday he finally got it!  Wednesday he was even better at it. 

Wednesday we sat outside and had bowls of fresh pineapple. Andrew came back inside after me and pointing out the door says, "Mom! Look!"    I ask "What am I looking for? The puddle on the porch?" (it has rained every day for days so there are several small puddles.)  There was one larger one.  Andrew informs me, "That's not water. That's my pee! I peed on the porch!"   "Why would you do that?" I ask only to get an 'i don't know' answer.  I suggested next time he just go down the steps and pee in the grass so it doesn't get stinky on the porch.   

Wednesday night at meeting a paragraph was talking about what Paradise would be like. Andrew asks me, "Mom, would I be able to drink water out of the duck pond in Paradise?" 
me: "Uhm, I guess so?" 
A: "would I be able to drink anything I want and as much as I want?"
me: "sure, why not."  (trying not to engage in much conversation as intriguing as this could get)
A: growing more excited  "really???! Anything?  Like all the juice and as much juice as I want?  Could I run all over too?"
me: "sure."
A: "FOR REAL?! Even without you?!"
me: "sure. we won't have anything to be afraid of in Paradise" as I showed him the sentence about children not needing to fear wild animals.   It apparently sounded too good to be true because he next said "Paradise is never gonna come."   I said, "it will come!"
A: "It really will?"
me "of course! Jehovah promised."     He happily turned back to drawing. 
On the paragraph that asked what we most look forward to in Paradise Andrew decided to answer "drink clean water"  in reference to his earlier question about drinking out of a duck pond. lol

Thursday morning I woke up with a bad headache and did not want to get out of bed. It wasn't even 6:30 yet when Andrew came in and asked to use my bathroom.  I heard him hop and the water come on followed by a "yes! I did it!"   He has just been a couple inches away from being able to reach the faucet to turn it on. He was very excited this morning.
He jumped in my bed and I told him I wasn't feeling well and have a headache. He sat next to my head and stroked my face saying, "I'm sorry you're not feeling well." and proceeded to tell me not to worry because Jesus has the power as the "king of paradise" to make me feel better and so does Jehovah.  I wish I could remember the sentences he used - they were brilliant.

Friday morning I got all playfully dramatic because it started raining as soon as i was about to take the garbage out. I went and sat at Andrews feet and desperately said "when is it gonna stop raining!!? Make it stop raining!!" He laughed and said, "I'm not Jehovah!"

I love my little boy. He is so wonderful.

1 comment:

  1. You can see him growing and changing right before your eyes! I love how he is learning to appreciate and BELIEVE what he is being taught about Jehovah. Good Job, Mommy and Daddy!

    ReplyDelete