Tuesday, April 1, 2014

"I think I kinda love her"

I haven't had much time to keep this updated. We had the circuit assembly March 22nd and 23rd. I was really sick with pain that Saturday so we only made the Sunday session. On that Saturday, a new Green Machine bike arrived for him. He and daddy assembled it after nap and then took it for a spin. On Sunday, cousin Kaleb got to sit with us the entire day and the two of them really enjoyed that.


Sunday March 30, we sat in the same row as the Pingles so he and Samantha could sit together. They both enjoyed that and were very good, drawing pictures and writing notes to each other. Early in the meeting I had to go to the bathroom to fix my dress and Jennifer Pingle was in there doing the same. Andrew was telling her that he had a heart cut-out that he colored and gave to Samantha. "You know why I gave it to her? Because I think I kinda love her." 

April 1st it was 80 degrees out, so I picked Andrew up early so we could play outside before I had to make dinner and do homework. I had to wake him from his nap (he hardly ever naps at school anymore, but of course the day I come earlier than 2:30, he's asleep.)  We came home and had a cupcake treat and then played outside. He rode his Green Machine for a bit and then asked if I would play ball with him. He got the tennis racket and ball.  The very first throw he hit it and it went high and hit the side of the house and bounced back behind me.  "Wow! Did you see what I did? I'm inVINCible!"   I have to say, he did really well hitting the ball regardless of where I threw it!
Then he wanted to try climbing the tree. So I put him on the bottom branch and he stood up. He didn't really have anywhere to go and an itty bitty spider made him nervous. But I was proud of him for trying it out anyway.  I didn't have my camera.

At dinner we had grilled chicken, asparagus, and garlic bread. The only way he'd eat all of it is by dipping it in a plate of olive oil, garlic, and balsamic vinegar.... but he ate his entire plate!

After stories at bedtime, I kissed him goodnight. Then I hustled back in to him and gave him a tight hug and lots more kisses and told him that I love him so much and think he is so wonderful and I hope he sleeps well.  He said, "Awww. You're lovely. You're my girl." 

1 comment: