Overheard while Andrew was playing Legos:
"I'll text you when I get back. I'll text that I love you, but I think I might be bad. ... Okay, I'll wait for your text."
On Wednesday the 15th, we picked Andrew up from school early and went to Integriti Music Conservatory to meet a potential new violin teacher in Spring Hill. Andrew was very excited. We were early and invited to sit in on another student's lesson. He had never heard the songs before but he was tapping his feet to the tempo of each song, and when the student paused a moment trying to find the right fingering, Andrew was leaning his chest forward anticipating the next toe tapping note. The student then had a piano lesson so we went back to the waiting area where he sat and chatted with the other parent. He told her, "when I'm 16, I'm gonna play the Fiddler" She looked at me and asked why 16 and I shrugged my shoulders and suggested maybe that's when he considers himself to be grown up and allowed to make his own decisions?
We stopped into a hobby shop recently and Andrew and Ted both fell in love with a neat little RC car. We got to see them race it in their back room too which was fun. So we told Andrew that he can work towards earning it. Instead of a big lego set for practicing violin, he can work for the RC car one month. He liked that idea.
At school one day they made their own briefcase looking suitcase out of construction paper. They had to cut up magazine photos to put things inside it. Andrew was happy to show everyone that he now had his very own wallet like daddys!
Saturday we had a stove insert put in our fireplace so we can have a safer way to heat with wood that also would not suck the warm air back out as the fire dies. But it created a much smaller space for wood so our wood was too long. There is usually someone on the side of the road on weekends selling ricks of wood so Ted got one to come deliver the truck load. Andrew was very eager to watch and then helped daddy haul some inside. Such a good helper.
Sunday January 19th, he finally got to sit away from us during the meeting. He wanted to sit with Samantha Pingle and they didn't mind. He was actually very good. Most of the times that I glanced over to see, they were quiet. Kelly said they only whispered to each other a couple of times.
Sunday night Ted plugged Andrew's clock back in and told him he's not to get out of bed before 6am (there have been several times lately that he's up between 1-4, sometimes he falls asleep on the couch and sometimes he doesn't) The security camera shows he came out at 6:01. lol
Monday, January 20, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Love the 6:01 grand entrance to the day! I also think it is great that he has learned to tell time. You may recall, that is how all of you earned your first watches!
ReplyDeleteHope the new violin instructor works out for Andrew. How lovely that he is so enthusiastic. Hope that joy continues.