He doesn't always get the attention he is wanting. I hear "mom! look at me!" "mom! watch this!" even when I've seen him do the same thing the three previous times he asked me to look. So now, he has started saying, "Hey Jehovah! Watch this!"
Wednesday November 6th, Andrew had his second bible reading. Ted just happened to see it on the information board last Wednesday, so we had less than a week to get him prepared. The reading was Titus 2 and had several long words - but he did really well. We were both very proud of him for sticking with it. He stumbled a couple of times, and lost his place once, but he did great. Someone in the audience kept gasping with awe when he'd get a long word spoken clearly. Then I heard, "he reads better than I do!" It sounded like an older person, but I never looked to see who it might have been. We took him to Baskin Robbins for an ice cream sundae afterward.
Friday he came home with some assessment papers for Bracken School Readiness Assessments done at his school. He made 100% in each of colors, letters, numbers/counting. He made an 82% in sizes/comparisions and 85% in shapes. That gave him a 92% overall - but put him in the 99th percentile rank and "very advanced"
Saturday we had a little bit of a rough start. Lately, Andrew has been completely ignoring what I say to him, or not listening when I answer his question. This morning he was going into overdrive with it. He was laying on the floor in the kitchen with his feet propped up on the drawers and kept asking me a question I'd already answered. I answered it three more times and he just wasn't listening. I finally told him to stop asking. He didn't, and so I told him to go hang out in his room. He whined and fussed and I told him again to go to his room. He continued to whine so I finally yelled REALLY LOUDLY. That finally got his attention. I'm pretty sure people in the next state could have heard me. He ran to his room. A minute later I walked in and he was hiding under his covers. I asked, "so, how does it feel to get yelled at like that? Does it feel good or bad?" He said bad. "So how do you think it feels to me when you are not listening, and you're not hearing the answers to your questions." He said, 'bad.' I told him I do not like yelling at him, and I do not like spanking him when he doesn't listen or obey either. But I need him to try and work on listening so we can all have a good day and have good things happen. He came and ate his breakfast and didn't fuss.
Saturday he was intrigued with big bellies and was curious why someone's belly might be big if they aren't growing a baby. We discussed different reasons and then I told him it wasn't polite to tell people they had big bellies. He seemed to have forgotten, as we were with two other people in the morning and I heard him asking one dear friend if she was growing a baby. She isn't.
Sunday morning he helped me make some waffles for breakfast. He doesn't like to crack eggs open anymore because, "I dont want to have to wash my hands again."
Later he was playing with some toys in the hallway and missed his target. He'd yell out "ARGument" whenever he missed.
Sunday during the public talk he got frustrated that I was getting on to him because his pencils were noisy. He wrote ARG on a paper and started scribbling really hard. He climbed on my lap after I took the noisy pencils away. I gave him a back and shoulder rub, and then he leaned back into me. A few minutes later, he was sound asleep. I slouched down in my chair to make him more comfortable and he didn't wake up again until the next to last paragraph of the watchtower lesson! He was really out of it, but still asked for an answer.
We managed to get an impromptu family photo session in when we got home. He wouldn't sit still, nor did he want to look at the camera and not make a face. They're hilarious to go through in sequence. We had friends over for dinner and he had a blast getting to play.
He says such funny things all the time - but I can never remember them long enough to get them written down! :(
Monday, November 11, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

LIKE!
ReplyDelete