Sunday before going into the hall, Andrew gave the most heartwarming wonderful prayer. I can't remember it all, but he thanked Jehovah for the Kingdom Hall, and the Watchtower magazines, for "Paradise where we can pet the animals", (a lot of other wonderful things), and even prayed that we're not a distraction to others during the meeting. We were both so touched. He used to give really lengthy thankful prayers and then for a few months it was just, "Dear Jehovah, please and thank you for our food and for our things, in Jesus name we pray, Amen." That was it. Every time. We both have had talks with him about saying the same thing, and trying to speak what's in our heart, and that he can pray about anything. And I'd offer suggestions to things he can include in his prayers before we say them together. He's finally starting to think about them again.
Ted and Andrew were playing the Mr. Bump Memory Game. It was getting down to the last few cards and Andrew said, "Someone's gonna win, and it's gonna be me." Even with both "Lose A Pair" matches (he doesn't seem to understand that you don't want to get those) he had 12 matches. Ted had 8 matches but was able to hang on to the Mr. Bump trophy and get an extra 4 points - so they tied. (I figured out later he was quoting a Magic Schoolbus episode where two teachers are racing, and that is what one of the teachers say in the triathalon.)
Monday when I was getting lunch ready, Andrew asked if he could have the sparkling water he picked out at the grocery before the assembly. I consented and poured some into a cup. I hand it to him as it is still foaming and bubbling. "It looks like soap!!" Then he tasted it. He scrunched up his face and said, "It's kinda yucky." ("yeah?") "Yeah. I like it!" He's so silly. He was excited to have bubbly drink and said it was like Sprite. Then a few minutes later he decided, he really preferred milk and didn't like the sparkling water afterall.
Tuesday pretend cooking in Andrew's kitchen... "Are you going to have some floo-ay?"
Ted:Souffle'? Andrew: "Yeah, floo-ay"
he loves to play "steam-roller" and take turns rolling and being rolled over by daddy
Wednesday he had a blast at gymnastics, and then it was off to Herbal Health and Wellness for his own Chinese Medicine aromatherapy session. I knew of three stressful events during pregnancy and then his concussion when he was two - any and all of which could have greatly impacted his body. Sure enough, he had an issue area with his stomach that started shortly after conception. I can only guess that the stress and trauma I experienced when I miscarried the twin and thought I was losing him when I was two months pregnant might be the trigger.
Daddy came home not feeling very well so I suggested we get his oils and rub the areas that were bothering him. Andrew very gently started applying the oils to the back of daddy's knees and said, "It's okay. Deep breath." Then after rubbing the oils in he said, "Okay, this knee is good to go!" He helped apply the oils everywhere else daddy was feeling sore and then helped me give him a foot massage and hand massage. He was so tender and sweet.
He has been remarkably sweet and kind lately. I don't know if it's because he was home with me over a week on Spring Break and had little outside influence (and no videos or electronics at all) or what. But I only have to ask him once to do something and he says, "Okay mommy!" in a cheerful voice. He has been so agreeable. He's been very kind and sweet and gentle. Very enjoyable to be around. Not that he's usually horrible or anything, but we've had moments here and there where he is not very kind and trying to get a reaction out of me or deliberately trying to drive Flash crazy.
Friday was really nice in the afternoon so we stayed on the playground for an extra hour and a half after school. Andrew wanted to be pushed on the swings so we started there. He was singing very loudly over and over again, "Let the heavens rejoice! Let the earth joyful be! For Jehovah has become our King!" After about 25 rounds of that my arm was tired and I went to sit down. He stayed on for a couple of minutes and got off. Another little girl got on a swing and was yelling for her mom to come push her. Andrew turned around said, "I'll push you Elze" and very sweetly started pushing her on the swing. All the moms on the playground were touched by his kindness and how cute it was to see him doing that.
It was also the first day for another little boy (Japanese I think but spoke English well) and the mom told me Andrew was very helpful all day and that her little boy was drawn to anything Andrew was doing. Andrew also took the initiative to push him on the swings later as well.
After school Ted and Andrew were in the yard talking to the neighbors. They were talking about how kids say or repeat the funniest things. Ted thought of an example but couldn't remember what he'd told Andrew to say one time. So Ted turned to Andrew and asked, "Remember when we were in Target that one day and you were wearing your Spiderman mask and I told you to run up to a couple and say something? What did I tell you to say?" Andrew looked down and thought for a second and then said in a gruff voice, "Who wants some?" Ted was shocked Andrew could even remember.
Apparently, Andrew was wearing his full spiderman face mask, and Ted told him to run up to an older couple with no kids near the toy department and hunch over and flex his arms under and say in a gruff voice, "Who wants some?!" (I wasn't there for this) Ted said he did it perfectly.
Saturday, we went to a baby shower. As soon as Andrew walks in to the kitchen, the dad excitedly says to the expecting mom, "THAT is the hair I want!! I want that color hair - I want that hair!!" He was pointing at Andrew who now looked petrified as if he was going to be scalped. He very nervously replied, "My hair is glued to my head. You can't have it." I explained that the man didn't actually want Andrew's hair, but he loves the color so much he wishes he had that color of hair.
Saturday, April 6, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Oh the joys of children..the wonderful things that they say and do. I am so glad you are recording all this.
ReplyDeleteHahaha!!! Your blog posts ALWAYS make me laugh out loud. This kid is so awesome! :)
ReplyDelete