"Aunt Annelise! I got dressed all by myself! Becaaaauuse my daddy's name is Ted and he is big and strong"
"Aunt Eese, do you want to come play with me?"
"I'm sorry, I can't."
"Are you still hurting?" (in a very sincere and soft voice)
"Yes."
"Why? Did you climb the mountain?"
"uhhhm."
"Did you climb the mountain to the farm?"
"sure."
"I have to wear hard shoes to climb the mountain."
Then he talked about ice skating in daddy's 'slippy shoes' (he has white sneakers that apparently feel kind of slick when walking on the hardwood floor. Andrew likes to put his feet in them and pretend he is ice skating on the floor as he glides his feet.)
These days, if we don't have to go anywhere - he'd rather just stay in his jammies all day. He even went to school one day in his dinosaur/dragon jammies.
He calls avocados "applecados"
Saturday March 2nd, we were invited to a Princess themed party. Andrew was very disappointed when I didn't have a dress for him to wear, but that I had one. I explained to him that he could be a prince or a king. I put a suit vest and pants on, and then bought a shiny black scarf that I made into a cape for him. Then I made a nice crown for him to wear too. He sure looked cute!
At the party we got to play bowling and track and field and dancing on the kinect game system. Andrew was actually really good at it all! It was fun.
I also found a brand new violin half price at a store and bought it for him. It's a little bit too big for him still, but we'll have it when he's ready. Earlier in the week I had purchased him a toy kitchen that was super cheap. It took us a while to put it together, and then the oven door wouldnt' stay closed and it just felt really cheap. So I returned it Saturday and upgraded him to a name brand nicer kitchen. It's perfect for him. He really is enjoying having his own kitchen to work in. I have it set up at the end of our kitchen bar.
Sunday March 3rd, he went on a vomiting spree. You could identify everything he ate the night before at the party. I was astounded at just how much could come out of such a little person! Needless to say - we didn't go anywhere that day!
He has a pair of solid blue footed pajamas. Miranda Leach was about to leave after babysitting, and he brought those in asking to wear them. I help him get dressed in them. Then he zips it up and asks, "Miranda, have you ever seen The Blue Man Group?" She said he needed to paint his face blue and I suggested maybe he could just wear his blue hat. He pulled his blue hat all the way down over his face and started walking around all silly.
March 10th, I needed to go to the hospital and get a CT scan, so we sent Andrew to the Laffertys house, and went with them to the meeting. He had a brand new little notebook and mechanical pencil to use. He asked Michelle to write him a letter, so she wrote a note to him in his book. During the meeting, he started talking to Blake and getting a little too loud. She said she patted him on the knee and told him he needed to whisper. He scrunched up his face at her, took his eraser and very deliberately erased her letter to him. Then showed it to her as he informed her that he erased her message. He also took the eraser out of his pencil and stuck it in his ear. And when he tried to get up on his feet or knees in the chair, she told him to sit back down on his bottom and he'd scrunch his face up at her. She said by the end of the meeting he didn't respond that way anymore - he was just testing out what rules she had and if they were similar to mom and dad's.
He also told her he needed to go to the bathroom, but that he wanted to go alone. She wouldn't let him and told him that she'd go to the bathroom with him, but wait outside the stall for him to finish. He was agreeable to that.
We were already scheduled to have dinner with the Laffertys that evening. When we pulled up, he was riding a tricycle around the cul-de-sac and racing Blake and Daylon on their bikes. He wouldn't even acknowledge us! I think he was afraid we were just coming to get him. He wasn't ready to go home yet!!
Sunday, March 10, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Oh he is growing and changing so fast!!!
ReplyDelete<3
ReplyDelete