Saturday, December 15, 2012

Flipping Fun

Saturday night into Saturday morning, I was awake with really intense pain. Although I really wanted to be at the hospital at 2am, I was trying to hold off as long as possible so Ted and Andrew could sleep. I made it to 4am before having to wake them both up.  Andrew was a little chatterbox at 4am and thankfully cooperative. He was amazing at the hospital. While I was getting checked in, he went and found a seat for himself in the empty waiting room. When Ted wheeled me to the waiting area, he leaped from his seat and said, "I'm coming" and he came and sat closer to me.  He was never loud or crazy the entire time we were at the hospital. He was very polite and gentle, never complained, was obedient the entire time. He was a really good distraction for me.  He of course got educated about the IV putting water into my veins, the blood pressure machine, and all the gadgets on the bed.
The only time he got nervous was when Ted set him up on the bed by my feet to play a game on the leap pad with him.... Andrew wanted off immediately. He was taking no chances of becoming a patient.
After lunch at home, he only slept for about 30-40 minutes and then Joy came and took him for the rest of the day so I could have quiet and be able to rest better. He of course enjoyed that.  Long day for him though... only now getting ready to climb in bed and it's 8:18pm.  Joy told me that he really enjoyed racing Barry down the hill and at one point did somersaults all the way down the hill too!

Tuesday morning Joy came to pick Andrew up and take him to school for me. We told Andrew he'd have to tell Joy how to get to school and he said, "You just take Peytonsville Trinity Road to Arno road and the school is Spring Hollow." 

Wednesday, I told him Nana was coming for a chiropractor visit. He said, "But I don't have to lay on the table."  I assured him he didn't. Then I said maybe we could eat lunch at Olive Garden with her. He said, "I want a gnocci cheese sandwich, a breadstick, some noodles, and.. and a menu."  All he usually wants is the Chicken Gnocchi soup - he loves the gnocchis.
     Nana came and took us to gymnastics since I still can't drive. Andrew enjoyed having her there and would occasionally yell out, "Hi Nana!! Hi Mommy!!"  Today was the first time he went across the higher balance beams all by himself with no one standing next to him to help!! I was so excited that when he jumped off the end I stood up and cheered really loudly.  Then they set up a big block with a two-handled rope swing for the kids to jump off and fall into the soft block pit. I was amazed he even tried it since he was scared of a rope swing a few weeks ago. The first time the teacher kept hold of him and told him when to drop. The second time he did it on his own but dropped a tad early and bounced his bum on a soft pad first. I can't recall if he did it successfully a third time or decided not to do it a third time.
    Wednesday evening when Ted got home, Andrew went up to him and asked, "What's up dad?"  That's the first time he's ever greeted anyone that way.
     Then Andrew got on the bed and started showing daddy his flips. Ted showed him how to do a front flip without using his hands... and he DID it!! He couldn't consistently do it and did land on his head a couple of times. Good thing he was on the soft mattress! 

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you are documenting things. It is the only way to remember! Andrew will so enjoy reading about his own growth and development when he is older. I know he loves the photos now!

    ReplyDelete