We were sitting having lunch together at the table and Andrew randomly says, "Mommy, I don't have piggy tails."
He's cute when we eat out too. Whenever we leave he smiles and waves to the people still sitting at tables and says, "bye!"
Mosquitos LOVE Andrew. They hardly touch me this year, but Andrew has come in twice from playing outside in the evening and later had welts all over him. Now I bring him in and run a bath adding apple cider vinegar, baking soda, tea tree, castile soap, and coconut oil. It seems to be helping because he hasn't been itching thought they're still biting!
His favorite color has been purple for several weeks.
His latest intrigue is intestines. He understands that when he eats something it eventually ends up in the intestines. He understands that people and animals have them, but objects like the lawnmower do not.
Ted and I have been concerned that Andrew seems to have regressed since being at preschool just a few months. His language skills went backwards, his behavior went backwards.. it feels like we have to retrain him every other day! Everyone, including his teacher, told me to look into Montessori. So we went and toured a Montessori school in Franklin. Love the school, I think Andrew would thrive there... but they only 'part-time' they offer is a half day every day. Otherwise its 9-3:30 every day. I don't like that. I enjoy having him home twice a week right now. That and the drive would be twice as far. So we're not sure what to do right now. His teacher told me that it wouldn't even matter if they moved him up a level in the preschool because he already knows everything academically through the Kindergarten prep. At Montessori, he'd still be challenged and learning new things. Anyway - on Wednesday, I gave the preschool his 'two weeks notice' that we're taking him out. We'll figure out later what we should do with him.
Sunday, August 26th:
I got up with Andrew and let daddy sleep in some. I asked him if he'd like to practice writing and we decided to write "Dad." So I got some paper and a pen and described the letters to him (first a straight line, and then a half circle that starts at the top and ends at the bottom of the line, or a small circle with a tail, or a small circle with a straight line that touches it but is next to it, etc) He did beautifully!! I was really impressed with how well he wrote each letter.
The perfumes were really bad in the hall and I was feeling really sick. Daddy was operating the microphones so Andrew and I slipped outside and listened to the meeting by phone under the carport. I had my phone sitting between us so we could both listen. Every couple of minutes, I'd see Andrew's little fingers just walking their way to my phone (as if I wouldn't notice) and touching the screen to make it light up. Then he'd touch the unlock button and touch anything he could (like taking it off speaker phone) before I'd push his hand away. He couldn't resist the temptation so I finally made him scoot over on the bench and just had the phone next to me.
We came back in on paragraph 17 so he could read his prepared answer. He read it very clearly.
After the meeting was over, I stayed in my seat up front, too sick to move around. A couple of friends came and chatted with me. All of a sudden, there are people yelling to me from behind and pointing. I was too fog headed to react quickly. I look across the hall where all the fingers are pointing to see Andrew on his tippy toes pulling the fire alarm. As I turn to my friend and very gently ask, "can you please stop him?" I saw Ted flying down the aisle. By then it was too late, though. The fire alarm had been pulled... but oddly enough, no siren! So thanks to my dear son who probably read the words "Pull Down" and followed the directions - we discovered that the fire alarm at the hall is broken!
After lunch and nap, we headed to the park. Ted was meeting up with several friends to play football. Andrew and I played on the playground for a little while and then went and sat on the bleachers (or "bleach chairs" as Andrew called them a few times before getting it right). We were only there for a couple of minutes when Ted got the ball, took off running and ended up rolling to the ground. Andrew immediately had a melt down crying that daddy fell and was hurt. I got him calmed down and then he wanted to play 'pretend football.' You should have seen his fancy footwork and he imitated all the running around. He even had his own victory dance!
Monday morning he was up well before I was ready to be awake. He crawled into bed with me and we cuddled for a bit. Then I told him to go to sleep on daddy's side of the bed. "Okay mommy." A moment of silence. Then he starts singing, "listen obey and be blessed!" "Shhhh. Honey go to sleep." "Okay mommy." A moment of silence. "chugga chugga chugga chugga WOO WOO!!" Things like this went on for a good 20 minutes before I gave him the warning that if I have to ask him to be quiet one more time I would make him leave my room. Of course, he did it again and I sent him out to play with toys in the living room. By then I only had 8 minutes left to sleep soundly and wake up again anyway.
Tuesday I was starving and didn't get a head start on dinner and I wanted a lot of food with protein. I can't even remember why now. Anyway, we went to support 10% off Tuesday at our favorite bbq place since it'd be good and fast. Andrew had stayed in his pajama shirt all day and all we did was throw some shorts and sandals on him and left. The cashier at the bbq place asked him if he was still in his pajamas. That really bothered Andrew and he got super self-conscious about it and tried to hide. Then he told me he needed to go home and change into play clothes. Poor kid. I told him it was totally fine to be wearing his pj shirt and not to let it bother him.
Wednesday, August 29, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Thanks for sharing the bits and pieces of this growing up experience. I barely remember the events of my little ones..times four! Too busy with children and restoring a house and farming. I love hearing about Andrew's days.
ReplyDelete