Andrew skinned his knee on the front stairs recently. We got him all cleaned up and put a bandaid on it. He acted like he couldn't walk with the bandaid on. And of course the cuts hurt with it on and off. Then a couple of days later, he skinned the other knee running down the street (from the creek toward home) to catch up to the garbage truck. I ended up putting bandaids on both knees again and he walked around like he was disabled. All morning he was fussing that they hurt. The cute thing that came of it, though, was he found a long magnet and decided it was going to be a bandaid to patch the crack in the refrigerator (you know, the crack where both of the fridge doors meet. lol) I thought that was very insightful for him to come up with.
He also loves the tv show Caillou which is an animated cartoon about a 4 year old little boy. In one of the episodes, Caillou learns about magnets and how they stick to metal but not other materials. He goes around and sticks all his alphabet letters on everything metal he can find in the house. Then he day-dreams of being "Magnet Man" who can walk upside down on the playset, or rescue a ball that got stuck at the top of a light pole because he can just walk up the side. Andrew's latest excitement has been to say, "I'm Magnet Man!!" like Caillou does. I have encouraged him to explore what his own magnets stick to and seems to enjoy that.
One possible downside to Andrew being able to read... he calls Ted "Sugar Daddy" when he's wearing his sugar daddy t-shirt. He reads all of Ted's t-shirts.
I hear Andrew getting out of his jammies to go potty. He calls me, "Mommy!" I peek around the corner and he tells me, "Mommy, I have more poo. Mommy has to leave." Okay! Thanks for calling me to come so you could tell me to leave dear.
Wednesday the 2nd, Andrew was amazing. I knew I had to go to Lowes and finalize our design for the bathroom vanity and kitchen cabinets and get them ordered. I expected it to take 45 minutes to an hour as there wasn't much left to do. First I took him to Storybook Village where he got to play a little, as well as go to the Music With Mommie class which he LOVES. I decided to skip lunch and let him eat his dried fruit and nuts snack at Lowes, hoping it'd give him something to do. I never dreamed we'd be there for THREE hours! They were great with him though. One guy brought out a big dryer cardboard box and cut a door and windows out of it for Andrew to play in. Another gave him one of their craft sets which is a build your own table-top basketball goal so that he could have a ball to play with in the store. Another gave him paper and crayons. Every single one that came around tried to play with him and engage him. On top of that... he wasn't wearing pull ups or even underwear. (I've been letting him go commando because it's easier for him to just pull down only his shorts) We were gone from the house 7.5 hours and he had zero accidents! I am so proud of him. He told me every time he needed to go, wherever we were.
Thursday the 3rd, Andrew discovered a small black spider that accidentally had been squished in the door. He and Nana talked about it a little bit and then he came to show me. So I gave him his magnifying glass to look at it more closely. It seemed like the more he looked at it the more he got freaked out by it and he'd all of a sudden jitter and toss it to the floor.
When we were saying goodbye to Nana, there was a dead beetle on the porch. He wasn't too interested in it (he was distracted by Nana leaving) and I asked him if he wanted to see a live one. I scooped it out of the ash bucket and set it down. It didn't move now.. at all. So I say, "I'm sorry little beetle, I didn't mean to kill you if I did." Then Andrew mimics my tone and says, "I'm sorry beetle, I want to kill you." I couldn't help but laugh.
A couple of days ago we were in the back of the house and I asked Andrew if he'd like some ice cream. "Yes!!" I told him to run to the kitchen. He ran down the hallway and literally went hopping around the corner on one foot to turn toward the kitchen. I've seen it in animations, but I dont think I've ever seen a real person do that before!
Friday, May 4, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





<3
ReplyDeleteLove the photos in Lowe's!
ReplyDeleteThe spider event really was pretty funny. :)