Saturday, November 26, 2011

The Ibpsy Spider

It took a full two and a half weeks, but Andrew is recovered and back to normal! Wahoo! I can't praise Jehovah enough or thank Him enough for that. It's so nice to have my happy, cooperative, pleasant and kind little boy back!! I'm on a high some days because it's such a relief.

I guess I should also report that Andrew stands to pee every time now since that Wednesday evening. In lieu of a step stool, though, I taped two unopened packages of printer paper together and made my own step. It works nicely and is easy to clean.

Wednesday the 23rd... 
At the meeting, Andrew wanted to sit on my lap most of the time. During the bookstudy I asked him if he'd like to answer. He got all excited and every time the microphone came near he sat up tall "microphone? Faith?"  (he apparently wanted to answer Faith again! but his answer was supposed to be "no".) It came time for him to answer and I all of a sudden second guessed myself that the answer was indeed "no." I felt really bad that he missed the opportunity and he kept asking for the microphone to answer into. I finally told him that he'd get to talk into it later.
Later:  Ted had to give the demonstration for offering the Greatest Man book in the ministry. Andrew and I were going to be the householders.  We practiced before the meeting and he did pretty well considering there were other children playing nearby. Then right before we go up I tell him that when we go on stage, he has to stand still next to mommy and be quiet.  We go up on stage, and he did SO WELL!!  At first he is still and quiet, but a few seconds into it he sees me holding the microphone for daddy and starts reaching for it and whispering, "have it? have it?"  I snap my fingers and he stopped.  Then another minute later he starts inching over to stand in between me and Ted and starts playing with the buttons on Ted's sportscoat. Ted just pats him on the head and keeps going. Then he starts inching toward the chair that sits next to us and then stands there with his back to the chair. (Another minute and he'd have been in the chair most likely.) Ted finishes the presentation and I tell him thank you, and then I hold the microphone down to Andrew and ask him if he can say thank you.  He is facing the audience and gets a huge smile on his face and says perfectly clearly: Thank you.  Then the whole congregation thunders with applause.  Andrew stopped at the bottom of the stage to clap as well.

I love hearing Andrew sing.  He sings the entire ABC's, The Itsy Bitsy Spider (The Ibpsy Spider), Twinkle Little Star, Row Your Boat, Baa Baa Black Sheep,  and portions of London Bridge is Falling Down, The Farmer in the Dell, She'll Be Comin' Around the Mountain, and probably others.  And when he watches his videos, Muzzy, "Can Read", the Leap Frog ones, the "Andrew Veoo" and even Bob the Builder "Legend of the Golden Hammer" - he seems to know every word and will narrate along with watching!

He is apparently in a size 9 shoe now. It should be an 8.5 but I can't find any in that size.  He's almost out of his size 8, well-worn hand-me-down tennis shoes. A friend who works at Sports Seasons bought him a new pair of shoes in size 8. They looked slightly bigger than his current shoes and I thought they'd fit. I put them on and he said "heavy. Too Small. Off."  He didn't like them. So I had them exchanged for a size 9. Well, the size 9 looks SO much bigger than the 8 - and these seem too wide.  I found a pair of shoes in his closet in size 9 that I thought were way too big too - but they are at least more narrow and he seems to like them. Soo.. he'll be in a size 9 until he grows into and out of them I guess.  Ted said Andrew must have narrow feet like his mama.

I guess I have no current pictures of him... need to remedy that!

1 comment:

  1. This little boy just makes my heart so happy!!! (So do you! You're doing such a great job!) Love you all!

    ReplyDelete