Andrew has started calling me "honey" and "sweetie" ... "walk honey?" "bye honey!" "Hi sweetie" so funny! Oh, and when he hands me something he tells me thank you! (I guess because when he hands me papers I've printed, I say thank you to him?)
I have not been getting enough deep sleep lately. I wake up exhausted. Wednesday morning I got him out of his bed, got him some milk, and crawled back in my own bed. Of course he stood there talking to me, going through drawers, serenaded me with his harmonica, kept asking for more milk and water. Then he asked me something. I dont remember what he asked but my response was "Andrew, mommy didn't get to sleep as much as you did. I'm still tired. Can you please just play with some toys for a while and let mommy sleep a little longer?" .... "Okay. Sorry mommy." He turned and started playing with some things by himself quietly. I was shocked. Of course a full minute and a half later he comes barreling down the hallway back into my face and is saying, "potty!" Of course I got up for that only to find he'd already gone. Thats okay, he still got on the potty and sat for a while which allowed me the time to get things ready for us to shower. Then he played in the tub for a nice long time while I got dried and dressed.
Wednesday night at the meeting, the bookstudy lesson mentioned ancient Jews. Andrew turned to me and started signing and saying, "Juice?" Ted and I both started laughing. It shows he is listening though!
Wednesday night he woke up crying.. I think it was 2am. I go in and dimly turn on the light to hear him say in the sweetest gentle voice, "sorry mommy." ... (pause) ... "Milk?" So I filled his sippy cup with milk, let him have it in his crib and left.
Friday I ditched work and Nana and I took Andrew to a new park about 20 minutes away. This weekend they have some mini-sized trains set up to ride! One of my clients told me about them so we went to check it out. It was damp, cloudy, and 58 degrees which felt cold. I was impressed with the trains. It was a long ride too! We got done and he said, "do again?" so I sent him with Nana! On that ride - Nana and Andrew were the only passengers because the longer train had just left, and everyone that had ridden with me didn't opt to go again! The park was nice too - it has a HUGE playground and castle, so we will definitely come back and play sometime when it's not so wet and chilly.
After lunch the sun came out. We went home and took a nap and then played outside for a while. The neighbor girl and her cousin (both in the 4-5 year old range) wanted to play with Andrew so they all ran around in the yard laughing and falling over and spinning. Andrew was thrilled to have playmates.
Tuesday, September 27, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment