Monday, March 7, 2011

1,2,3.. peekie!!



I love it when Andrew puts his foot in one of our shoes and walks around. It's so precious. I dont have any pictures though.

He loves climbing on and over things. Sunday morning we were all playing in Andrew's room. He tipped his ball pit tower over and spread the balls around his room again. Then tried to climb on the flimsy blow-up tower. Ted got in the middle of it and then Andrew started diving over the side to jump in.. the side comes up to his armpits! He just dove head first - feet dangling in the air as he slid over the side! I did try to get pictures of that. (and no, I am not a supporter of Spiderman or any other cartoons/animations - they just didn't have any other boy options at the store.)


Andrew has a purple ball probably about the size of a soccer ball. He is often trying to sit on it and if he does manage to, he then bounces on it until he falls off. Then he comes back to it and puts his face on it and then rolls his body over the top of it, then stands on his feet and pushes it through his legs while his head is upside down on the floor.

I like it when he plays with pots and pans on the floor while I'm trying to cook. Sometimes he's a little too loud with it, but most of the time I don't really mind. Other times I have set him on the counter to watch and eat a snack at the same time - I never take my hand off of him, and I'm blocking him with my body so he can't get down. The other day, though, he pushed a dining chair up to the counter, climbed onto the chair, and then tried to climb on the counter! I'm going to have to be careful what gets left out on the counter if he's going to do that!

Andrew likes Ketchup. If we can't get him to voluntarily eat something for dinner - we just put ketchup on it and he'll eat more. Sunday evening we learned he likes honey mustard too! He loves pickles. And he'll even eat jalapenos! He still hates broccoli.

Andrew's hair was getting entirely too long. I couldn't connect with the person I wanted to come to our house to cut it - so I gave Nana permission to try and trim it. To my astonishment, Andrew stood in the chair and watched in the mirror as Nana trimmed his hair! It wasn't until he got distracted and turned his head during a cut, which resulted in pulled hair, that he decided to get upset and be done. Later I was holding him and standing where he was in arms reach of the scissors. He picked them up, turned them to hold the handle, and then put them (unopened) to his head as if he were trying to cut his hair. Great! He already thinks scissors are for cutting hair. *groan*  We did take him to Great Clips on a whim Monday night to get it trimmed up the rest of the way. He did pretty well although he kept trying to lean away from the lady. She gave him a sucker before even asking me if it was okay. I tried not to cringe too much. Thankfully he never bit into it and hardly sucked on it so it's all good. He did flip out when she turned the hair dryer on to blow his cut hairs off his neck, but she was done by then.

The next to last page in his Pouch book tells us that the two kangaroos go "hop, hop, hop, ..." and Andrew says 'hop, hop, hop' now perfectly clearly.

A couple of days ago, we were vacuuming the house together. At one point I had disconnected the floor part and was just using the long tube. I left it running and let Andrew have a go with it. I continue picking up stuff only to turn around and see Andrew sitting on the floor, both hands grasping the tube, and slooowly bringing it to one eye so he could see down the tube. Eeks! I hate to think what it could have done to his eye had he succeeded in bringing it all the way to his face! 

He loves his kitty. He gets excited when Flash comes to the door to be let back inside. And he loves to chase Flash around and I'm pretty sure Flash likes it too. They're like a Calvin and Hobbes together - getting each other into mischief. What is even more funny is that when you walk in on them doing something together, they both stop and get this "I wasn't doing anything" look on their faces.

2 comments:

  1. I think you are right about the Cat and Andrew being cohorts in mischief!

    Love the peekie game..never saw that before!

    I've also noticed his agility at climbing and stepping up and down etc is improving rapidly. He loves the "uppppp" and "da dun" as he steps repeatedly up and down on/off something. He sure isn't afraid of throwing himself...he does it backwards off my lap and so far I have always managed to catch him...I dread the day I don't!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just LOVE reading all of these! Thank you so much for sharing with us. Hugs and kisses to you all! I miss you.

    ReplyDelete