Friday, August 13, 2010

Loves to Read

For the past several days, Andrew's 'Your Baby Can Read' books and flashcards have been sitting just out of reach on the couch. He stands there stretching his arms and legs as far as he can trying to get them. Even with an occasional grunt and jump, they have stayed just out of his reach.  He sure does love them. I just didn't realize how dedicated he is to them until this morning. He actually got upset.
   I had tried giving him some second-hand flash cards that I have and he wasn't even remotely interested in them. I wont let him hold the YBCR books and cards by himself because I dont want him to bend them, eat them, or otherwise destroy them. He does have some favorite books (like the 10 Little Lady Bugs book, Go Dog Go, and the Are You Ticklish book) but they aren't even a close second to his YBCR flashcards.  After breakfast, I took him to the couch to see if I could get him to drink any of his milk. He was interested in the bottle until I sat on the couch next to his books/cards. He shoved the bottle away, and tried to reach for the books. He got mad at me when I offered his bottle again and put him on the floor when he didn't want it. He crawled a few steps, pushed out that bottom lip, and picked up a toy and started to cry. I realized what he was upset about and invited him onto my lap and we read through two of the books. He still wasn't satisfied.. so I have him watching the dvd now.  Guess I'm not going to be able to keep them in my reach so that he'll play with other toys!!

Oh - and thank you Dave for cleaning up the baby monitor audio! That wasn't static from my recording device - it was a fan blowing in Andrew's room.. but how awesome that you could take that out! I dont know how to post the audio here to share it with everyone. (Dave took the video of Andrew singing himself to sleep, and took out the 'static' of the air purifier in his room so all you hear is Andrew!!) It's an mp3 if anyone wants me to email it.

No comments:

Post a Comment